He's Just Out Of Reach

'What the... is he going to the Taekwondo club next?'

(Y/N) watches as Jeongguk hesitates in front of the Taekwondo club's room.

"Hey, hurry up! We're really going to be late." Euisoo yells after Jeongguk waving for him to come over.

"Yeah, alright." Jeongguk reluctantly tears his eyes away. He bumps into someone as he turns around. "Ah! I'm sorr-"

The Taekwondo club's captain, Chisoo, towers immediately over Jeongguk, his stature being very different and large aside from Jeongguk's small one. To him he was a giant. "...Why are you loitering around a club you don't belong to?"

"I was just...taking a quick look around. I'm sorry if I caused any trouble." Jeongguk bows politely as he runs after Euisoo. Chisoo just stands put where he is, silently still watching him until he disappears completely from his sight.

(Y/N) can only stare at Chisoo with silent fear, 'What's his deal? He's scary... Never mind that- I'm going to lose Jeongguk.'

*Timeskip*

(Y/N) can see Jeongguk and Euisoo amongst the other students spilling out of the building.

"You're really not coming to the internet cafe?" Euisoo asks turning over to Jeongguk.

"I have something I have to do!"

"What is it?"

"It's something. Sorry, I gotta get going!" Jeongguk starts running off, not giving Euisoo time to say something back.

"Hey, Jeon Jeongguk!"

(Y/N) can only look at Jeongguk's figure in confusion, 'Where is he rushing off to? I guess I'll follow him!' She barely manages to catch up to Jeongguk and follows him onto the bus.

*Timeskip*

She rushes out of the bus following Jeongguk, bringing herself at a sports campaign hosting a Taekwondo tournament.

'He skipped out on the internet cafe to come here?' (Y/N) looks up at the poster up on the wall beside her.

<The 47th National Youth Athletic Meet Taekwondo Competition >

She spots Jeongguk sitting in the corner of the bleachers. 'It's just like earlier...He must really like Taekwondo. Why does he bother with the other clubs, then? Why not join the Taekwondo club? Maybe it's because I'm asking this question, but...' (Y/N) realizes how serious Jeongguk looks as he watches the match. He looks somewhat uneasy, but it's not because he's focused on the fight. Jeongguk even closes his eyes. 'I can't wait any longer. Is he alright...? He looks like he's having a really difficult time...'

(Y/N) just keeps looking at Jeongguk's face scrunching as he looks like he's going through some stuff. 'This won't do. I'm going to talk to him.' She slowly approaches Jeongguk, tapping his shoulder lightly, "Excuse me..."

Jeongguk snaps out of his thoughts, looking up at the unfamiliar female in front of him.

"Are you alright? You don't look so well." She slightly tilts her head, concerned for the maknae.

Jeongguk replies without moving his head. "...Yes, I'm okay."

"But, if you're not feeling very well..."

Suddenly, Jeongguk presses his hands to his knees and rises from his seat.

"Oh!" (Y/N) freezes at the unexpected development and watches as Jeongguk leaves the stands. 'What just happened...?'