I'll Stay With You

"Congratulations on being voted 'Most Popular Club' at Typical High School!" (Y/N) announces as she raises her drink high. "Today's barbecue is courtesy of the principal and the meal fund he's provided, so dig in!"

"Ohhhhh!" The members' eyes sparkle as their mouths drool over the delicious meat cuisines spread around the table. "Meat, meat!!!"

"Wow... it seems like just yesterday we almost lost our club to the taekwon-dance club." Seungmin says, reminiscing the memory. "And now we're the most popular club in the school! I wonder if it's because of my final win in the tournament?"

"Hey, let's be clear..." Junseon starts, "We're popular because of the videos of Jeongguk and Chisoo's matches. Yours doesn't have a single comment!"

"What?!" Seungmin nudges to the maknae for some help. "Hey, Jeon Jeongguk. Tell him. Are you saying that I haven't contributed to the club's popularity at all?"

"No, that's not true." Jeongguk replies.

"Right? This kid knows what he's talking ab-"

Jeongguk places his index finger on his chin, "You've maybe added like 2%."

Seungmin looked offended, "W-What? Wow, what about you, then?"

"Me? 2%... maybe?" Jeongguk says, in a thinking position.

"Huh? What about the rest?"

"2% each for all the athletes... And the remaining 90% goes to our manager!" Jeongguk smiles cheekily as he gestures to the (H/C) girl.

"Huh?!" (Y/N) feels flustered by the credit Jeongguk is giving her.

Seungmin looks incredulously at her.

"I mean... Everyone helped!" Jeongguk says, "I guess you can say that it's a victory for teamwork."

'Pfft. Jeongguk's so chatty...' (Y/N) giggles to herself at the maknae's adorable nature.

"Do you go to some academy to learn quips like that? Captain, you should say something too!" Seungmin encourages the captain.

"Hey, Jeon Jeongguk. The meat's burning." Chisoo gives a heads up.

Jeongguk smells the sizzling meat, "Ah, yes! I'm on it!"

Jeongguk deftly flips all the pieces of meat on the grill as Chisoo looks on, arms crossed.

(Y/N) looks at the two's interaction, 'Pfft... They're both adorable.'

"Manager." Jeongguk speaks.

"What?"

"Can I talk to you for a sec..." Jeongguk gestures to her and walks outside.

'What is it...?' (Y/N) questions herself. 

She walks outside to find Jeongguk waiting with a smile on his face. "Jeongguk, what happened? Did you want to say something?"

Jeongguk looks shy before replying, "Here. A present." He holds out a beautifully-wrapped little box.

"Is this for... me?" (Y/N) asks. "What is it?"

"It's nothing special. Open it!"

She opens the box to see a tube of hand cream nestled in the packing foam.

"Your hands seem to get really dry." Jeongguk says.

"Jeongguk!" (Y/N) feels touched that he thought of her.

"Hey, don't get too emotional." Jeongguk snickers at her expression. "It's not anything big..."

"No, the hand cream's really nice! I mean it! I'll make sure to use it everyday! I promise!!!"