Puddles

Seven gave up trying after an hour. Crayola could find him later. He knew Crayola would get worried at some point and come looking.

   "Are you really going to die..?" Seven asked staring up at the setting sun.

   "Less die and more disappear." Matt muttered into his hands.

   "Dissapear?"

   "Why do you ask so many questions?"

   "Why are you so okay with dying?"

   "It's part of my culture."

   "Your culture? Sounds shitty. What kinda fucked up place do you come from where anyone stronger can just take your stuff and then you die?"

   "Your father would not be okay with how you talk."

   "My father doesn't know half of what me and Crayola do. Stop avoiding the question."

   "If you must know, my race is very small. I'm not sure how many are left. And I don't know why Matthieu is here." He sighed.

   "Why don't you feel anything about this!?" Seven screamed. He didn't understand. How could he stand to lose everything he cared about. His home. Error. Crayola.

  "I DO!" Matthews snapped sitting up and kicking sand. "I care so much that i want to scream and cry and lose my mind but i know is no use because last time I lost everything! My home! My mother! Last time he found me he took everything and my mother forced me into this multiverse to save me and as I go i see a hole in her chest and Matthieu is standing there holding her heart in his hand! I don't know why he follows me like this but he does and if i try something Error Crayola Ink and You are dead." Matthew coughed into his hand and laid back in the sand. "There's no point. Matthieu always wins. He won with father. He won with mother. He'll win with me. But I wont take anyone I care for down with me."

   Seven shut his mouth. He had no idea. He kinda just through Matthew popped up. He didn't think he had a family or a story like that. "I'm sorry."

   "Its fine. Like I said. I accepted my death a long time ago."Either by Matthieu or by decoding."

   Seven sighed and watched the sun dip even lower. He hated the color orange... He hated not being able to do something more...