Childhood

"Mattie baby what are you doing..?" Queen Charlene was a beautiful woman. One of the most beautiful Watchers that ever existed. She was also the kindest woman around.

   "Mummy... why are there no other kids around...?" Matthew asked looking up.

   Charlene paused and sighed kneeling by her son. "Baby... We, Watchers, don't need to have kids."

   "Why did you have me then..?" Matthew was always to smart for his own good.

   "Well a long time ago before you were born there was a prophecy. That a young Watcher would be destined for great things. There were no other children so your father and I had you. And you are certainly the greatest Watcher ever."

   Matthew stared at his hands. He had thr power of burning stars in his hands. He had the power to do anything.... Anything at all. "Okay Mummy. Thanks."

   Two days later Matthew succeeded and creating Matthieu.

   "Dad..? Are you mad about me splitting my power..?" Matthew asked softly.

   James looked over at his son. "Matthew... No. I'm not mad. I understand. Everyone gets lonely."

   "Do you hate Matt?" Matthew asked referring to his other half.

   The king kneeled next to his son. "No. He's just different kiddo. But I don't hate him."

   "Okay daddy."

   A few weeks later... The young Prince made a promise with a little knight.

   "Mattie what happened to your face!?" Matthieu jumped up as soon as Matthew walked in.

   "I got into a fight in one if my worlds. Don't worry its not bad!!!" Matthew hurried and touched his black eye carefully.

   Matthieu pouted and grabbed the first aid kit to help the shorter kid. "When we get big, I'm gonna protect you okay?"

   Matthew smiled and wrapped his arms around Matthieu. "Okay! We'll be the best team Matt! You and me forever!"

   "Yup. Just you and me!" Matthieu grinned.

   Centuries pass and Matthew is too caught up in his work to notice Matthieu's issues. And when he returned from the brand new world, he had dubbed it Cardtale but it only had one of the brothers he planned so far, Matthieu had accessed the code. He changed everything.

   Matthew realized he created a monster...