Memories Dont Fade

Matthew didn't know how long he sat there before he stood up. His whole body felt sore and stiff from both the sudden drop in magic and then the surge in it as well as inacting a Hard Reset.

   He rubbed his face. The Hard Reset had never been done before. It could have had dire consequences. It could reset everything. Including Error And everyone else.

   Matthew opened a portal and winced clutching his side. Broken ribs. He stepped through the portal into the white void. "Error..?" His voice trembled ever so lightly.

   There was no response for a moment until the dark skeleton popped up in front of him. "Matthew..." There was a level of relief in his voice. "Seven was just telling us what happened and then i felt the code shift and suddenly the multiverse is huge!! What happened!?"

   Matthew buried his face in Errors chest and hiccuped. Everything hurt. Painful memories returned. Matthieu was gone for good (he wasn't sure if he should feel relieved or sad. A part of him deep down felt bad for him...)

   Error paused and rubbed his back gently. "Hey. Hey its okay. You're okay. I'm sorry."

   Matthew trembled as his knees buckled. He gave a loud sob and fell to the ground. "Error!" He couldn't take it anymore. "Error–"

   "Hey hey. It's okay. You're okay." Error sank down and held Matthew close. He had never seen Matthew fall apart like this. He had seen him cry... (When Crayola went home, when he was jealous of Ink before they got together) But nothing like this. "I'm here."

   "You're alive!" Matthew sputtered out. "H-he didn't.."

   "Hey hey hey. Matthew. It's alright. Just cry. I'm here." Error whispered pressing a kiss to Matthew's head.

   Matthew clutched onto Error. He was immensely relieved that the Hard Reset didn't affect them. He just sat there and cried. And eventually he ran out of tears.

   Error sighed and stood up lifting Matthew with him. "Hey purple puma. Where do you wanna go first? First aid or bed?"

   "My chest hurts." Matthew murmured.

   Error nodded and went to teleport off and grab the bandages.