Coded In

Ink lead the two out of the desert AU and into Outertale. Matt didn't know why he didn't think of this. But without his knowledge of the situation... he couldn't very well  come up with a better plan.

   "So we lure Error here to talk and then what?" Seven asked.

   "We convince him to access the code. He would see Matthieu as a... a virus of sorts." Matt explained.

   "Why can't Ink just do it? He can access the code."

   "I'm right here." Ink muttered crossing his arms.

   "Because we need Error on our side and not his. And simply put, Error is an Error. He can see things Ink wouldn't be able to." Matthew huffed rather matter-of-factly.

   "And what about Crayola?" Seven frowned with a serious look. "Where does he fit?"

   "He'll be fixed when we get rid of Matthieu."

   Seven sighed and stopped asking questions.

   "So... Your name is Matthews right?" Ink chirped.

   Matthew's eyebrow ticked. "Yes. Now just go get Error."

   "Do we have an actual plan or are we just winging it? " Seven huffed.

   "If we make an actual plan Matthieu will see it and we'll all be dead. And I'd rather not drag you two down with me. "

   "You obviously have more of a history with this guy than you're letting on. " Seven crossed his arms.

   "That doesn't matter. All that matters is he's dangerous." Matthew frowned.

   Ink carefully backed off. He could sense this was an... important and very volatile conversation.

   "Why won't you tell us anything?" Seven was getting ticked off. His soul began to ache. He popped one of his pills in his mouth and chewed it.

   "You don't need to know!" Matthew snapped and winced falling to one knee.

   Seven jumped to kneel by him. "Hey are you okay? What the hell happened?"

   Matthew's vison swam and blurred the stars and faces together. His hands shook and glitched rapidly before it was all over in a second. He took a steadying breath.

   "Matthew..?" Seven asked softly.

   "What?" He snapped looking up. Bags had formed under his eyes at some point.

   "What's going on?"

   Matthew sighed and rubbed his face. He's been a real jerk. He hadn't meant to but he couldn't help it with the fear he felt deep down. "My code is being erased from existence. We don't have a lot of time."