Footprints

KYRAS POV

~•~DREAM~•~

We were coming from the funeral. My uncle had just died. I was sitting in the back seat and it was raining.

"Why does it have to rain today? Why on the day of the funeral?" I asked Mama. She looked at Papa and then back at the road.

"Hermosa espíritu, let me tell you about the rain." She began to say. I sat up in my seat. "Some people beieve after a person dies, within a few days, it rains. It is belived it rains because God is rinsing that persons footprints off of the earth. It has never failed. It's actually a beautiful thing when you think about it." She smiled. "To know they're finally put at rest and into the hands of God."

I sat there and thought to myself. Since then, every time I saw rain, I felt calm. At peace.

~•~END OF DREAM~•~

I woke up. I wasn't crying. For the first time I wasn't crying. I got up and looked around.

I saw Prince sleeping on the couch. I remembered what happened before I went to sleep.

I need to go back. He's turning me. I use to be an animal. I haven't smiled in years. I need to get the animal back into me.

I'm surprised they don't know who I am but crazy strangers can notice me in the dark. They've seen my face.

I took one step and Prince started to wake. I watched him, just in case he went back to sleep. He looked at me and smiled before looking at his phone to check the time.

"It's getting late. You can take a shower in my room. I'll wait until you get out. Feel free to use all of my hair supplies and such if you're not allergic or anything. Not that anything is wrong with your hair." He got up and looked at me. "Your hair is actually really pretty and nice. Smells good, too." He seemed much more relaxed.

"Why you been smelling my hair?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Had to get to the cut on the back of your neck somehow."