Smile

He put on a shirt he had on the back of the couch. He dropped his towel. I stared for a millisecond before I looked away and turned my attention towards the TV. He chuckled.

"Its all good I have boxers on."

"I don't care." I walked towards the TV.

"So what movie?" He sprayed cologne and stood next to me. I started to scoot away and looked at the movies.

"I don't watch movies." I sighed.

PRINCES POV

She was uncomfortable and out of place. I could tell by her body language. Since the last show she suggested is That's So Raven, she must remember the Proud Family movie.

"How about the Proud Family movie?"

"You have that?" She looked at me. I saw the life in her eyes build up.

"Yeah. It was my favorite movie." I got up and walked to the Xbox to put the movie. She grabbed a pillow and her eyes were glued to the TV. The theme song came on and she started singing along. I could barely hear her.

Proud family
You and me, we'll always be tight
Family every single day and night
Even when you start to actin like a fool
You know I'm loving every single thing you do
I know that I can always be myself
Around you more than anybody else
Everyday as I'm heading off to school
You know there's no one I love as much as you
The family, family
Proud family
They'll make you scream, they'll make you wanna sing
It's the family thing, the family
The Proud, Proud family
They'll push your buttons
And make you wanna hug em
It's the family thing, the family
The Proud, Proud family

She had no emotion. She was into the TV.

A faint smile started to spread across her face, but when she saw me looking, she went back to her natural face. I liked her smile.

I want her to smile more.

I sat back and watched the movie with her. There were points when it seemed like she zoned out. There were points she would try her hardest not to laugh in front of me. I walked into the kitchen and peeped. She looked back to where I was and started laughing at the TV. Silently laughing. She was beautiful when she laughed.

I slipped on the rug and she snapped her neck back to where I was. On the ground.

"Sorry I slipped and fell. Trying to find popcorn." I lied and got back up.

"Isn't this your house?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Yeah but I uh...misplaced them." I went back into the kitchen and made the popcorn. I went back into the living room to sit down. She was laid out all over the couch. Nice to know she felt comfortable. She got up and sat up straight.

"No you're fine." I handed her the bowl. She stayed silent. When I sat down she scooted away. "You should know by now I'm not here to hurt you. I think you cool. I wanna help."

"I never said I needed help."

"I know." I smiled at looked at her. She looked at me, then back at TV.

~•~

After the movie ended, I offered her a smoothie. She shrugged, so i started chopping bananas.

"You have a beautiful smile." I commented. She looked up at me with hateful eyes that slowly softened. "I see you."

Her eyebrows furrowed. I put the bananas into the blender along with the ice, milk, and strawberries.

"You can't always be mad."

"I'm not mad." She spat at me. "I'm just sick of bullshit."

"You can't be that eit-" I started to say before my hand slipped and started the blender. I jumped back and the top started to come off. I ran back and pressed down on it. "Shit."

"Shut up." She held her finger out and paused. She quickly grabbed a fork and pointed it towards the entrance of the kitchen. 3 seconds later Charles walked in.

"There's a reason why you shouldn't do certain things, like not paying attention around a blender...or keeping strangers who always carries knives." He walked past her and took over the blender. "Just a suggestion."

She put the knife down and looked at me.