Chapter 16

Summer was amazing for Brittany and Santana. Even though they decided to postpone their trip until the fall, Brittany was still practically floating on a cloud of happy. Brittany understood that they needed to take care of things before they were able to take off around the world. And it was best that they took some time to get used to being around each other all of the time again, since it had been nearly a year since they had been that close. That part didn't take too long, however, and they fell into the same comfortable closeness they had always had remarkably quickly.

Santana went back to New York in order to get back to work and get things settled for Brittany's arrival. Brittany, unfortunately, went back to MIT by herself so she could formally withdraw and get all of her things. While she was there, however, she was approached by several of her professors who tried to get her to reconsider her decision.

She was adamant in her refusal. Brittany had been so completely unhappy at MIT. It wasn't the school itself or the learning she had to do that made her unhappy. It was how she felt used and that they made her feel that they only wanted her for her brain. It was also how she was so far away from the people she loved, especially Santana. She knew for a fact that she didn't want to continue her education there. She just wanted to be wherever Santana was and she would be happy.

Before she left Massachusetts to take her stuff back to Lima, one of her old professors approached her with an offer. It was really intriguing, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it. But the money was really tempting. Brittany wanted to be able to start her new life with Santana without fear of not being able to bring something to the table. She had never had a job before, and Santana had been working so hard with all of the work she had gotten over the past several months to make money, so she wanted to be able to help take care of Santana, too. At least her professor told her the offer was always open, and she could think about it and get back to him at any time if she wanted to do it.

Since they hadn't wanted to let her go, Brittany's withdrawal process took longer than she had planned. After about a week, she was finally able to go back to Lima for a couple of weeks and spend time with her family that she hadn't been able to in months. She had really missed Lord and Lady Tubbington, too. She took advantage of the opportunity to shower her cats with love and catch them up on what was going on in her life, and why she wouldn't be able to see them again for awhile. And it was really great to be able to hang out with her parents and little sister before she left again.

Brittany was incredibly anxious to get back to Santana though. She had spent too much time apart from Santana already, so she was so glad when she was finally able to join her girlfriend in New York. Sharing the loft space with Rachel and Kurt wasn't great. Blaine had come to stay for a little while to get used to the city, so it was getting crowded. Brittany and Santana crammed themselves onto the couch to sleep every night, but that was okay with Brittany. She preferred to sleep tangled up and as close as possible to the woman she loved.

Naturally, that closeness led to sexy times. It was inevitable that they were going to start having sex again, but having sex on a couch was not really how Brittany wanted their intimate relationship to start again. Not that she was complaining, because making love with Santana was always amazing. But she really wanted to take the time to appreciate Santana's body in a way that she couldn't when they were rushed to get it done while their roommates were out. Brittany just couldn't resist physically expressing how she felt about Santana, particularly when they were so close now after being apart for so long. She knew Santana felt the same way, so it ended up being perfect anyways.

At least it was perfect until that one day. Brittany was on top of Santana, thrusting her hips as she ground herself against her lover trying to drive them both to their peak. Their heated make out session had quickly turned into stripping each other's clothes off since they were alone in the apartment, but knew that they didn't have long since Kurt and Rachel had only gone out for dinner.