Chapter 20

Wedding planning was driving Brittany's normally busy mind into an even bigger frenzy. Santana had taken on the responsibility of planning their upcoming move to New York as well as honeymoon planning. That left Brittany with most of the work getting the wedding ready to go in a very short period of time.

The stress ended up getting to Brittany a bit and she kind of started freaking out. It wasn't necessarily the wedding planning that was causing the issues so much as she was scared that something was going to happen to ruin their big day or prevent her from marrying Santana. It was already bad enough that they couldn't get married in Ohio, but to have something else happen that may end up putting a stop to their dream coming true would honestly be the worst possible thing that could happen to Brittany.

Brittany really wanted their wedding day to be perfect. She was nervous that she wouldn't be able to pull off a fairly last minute dream wedding for Santana, but her fiancée seemed so laid back about the whole thing that it seemed like she kind of took on the extra worry that Santana wasn't doing. To make matters worse, Santana refused to let Sue at the wedding which Brittany wasn't too thrilled about.

Brittany was not a fan of Sue Sylvester. The cheerleading coach had made her life pretty much miserable at McKinley for years. But Sue did bring Brittany one extremely important and perfect thing in her life. And that was Santana.

Without Coach Sylvester, Brittany may never have even gotten to know the woman she was now marrying. All of Sue's mean comments only helped Santana and Brittany bond as the Latina tried to protect her from the harsh words. And Brittany most likely would have never gotten the chance to kiss Santana that night so long ago when they were naked in the wilderness on one of Sue's crazy stunts. So Brittany actually wanted Sue at the wedding, because she felt that they needed the person who played the biggest role in getting them together.

The stress of Santana being upset by Sue's possible presence at the wedding combined with Brittany's fear of something ruining their nuptials kind of sent her over the edge. She had a major freak-out. Then Sue came to her and asked if she could come to the wedding if she ended up doing something Santana really wanted. The former cheerleading coach wouldn't tell Brittany what it was, but she ended up telling the woman that she was welcome to try though the ultimate decision would be left up to Santana.

Sue only asked for one favor if she ended up pulling off whatever she was planning on doing. Brittany agreed to try to get Blaine and Kurt to join in their wedding. She didn't mind sharing their day, especially with another couple who she knew really loved each other. She was more concerned about Santana agreeing to it.

The day of the wedding saw Brittany still panicking. She was so looking forward to marrying Santana. She wasn't afraid of that. She just still couldn't help but fear that something was going to jinx their wedding, and knowing that Sue was up to something only made that fear intensify. Then Santana put her foot down and made Brittany see that absolutely nothing would stop them from getting married, and she could finally calm down. In the end, it didn't matter what happened on their wedding day, as long as they ended up being pronounced wife and wife.

Thankfully, everything worked out. Sue's big plan was revealed when Santana's abuela showed up at the wedding. Brittany was shocked that Sue was able to get the woman to come, but she was incredibly grateful. One more thing Brittany had to be thankful to her former coach for. Santana's dreams were coming true, and Sue was able to stay. And Santana was so happy that she easily agreed when Brittany asked if they could share their big day with Blaine and Kurt. Somehow, they were able to convince the guys to get married as well, and now they had a big gay double wedding to throw.

Brittany felt like she was in a dream during the ceremony. She almost wanted to keep pinching herself to check if she was awake. She couldn't believe that she was finally there. She was finally- after so much rejection and heartache and hiding of feelings and dating other people- finally marrying her soulmate. Brittany had thought so many times before that she had come upon the happiest day of her life. She knew now that her wedding day to Santana was the happiest. And she looked forward to trying to top it with her beautiful wife in the future.