Chapter 4

The summer was full of interesting developments. Brittany was kept busy with Cheerios practices, which were tolerable only because Santana was there. Time not spent at practice was often filled hanging out at each others' houses, relaxing poolside, or at parties. It seemed that since now that initial barrier had been crossed between them, there was no hesitation to make out on Santana's part.

But only at parties in front of boys.

At least that's how it was at first. Brittany was disappointed that Santana clearly only started kissing her the first time at a party to get attention from boys and as a stunt to gain more popularity. But Brittany was willing to take Santana however she could get her. There was no way she could turn down those tantalizing kisses from the Latina once she had a taste of them. Even when it hurt that Santana would leave her at the end of the night to have sex with Puck or other guys.

Brittany hated that Santana was using their sweet lady kisses as a way to hook up with guys and maintain her status. But she pushed her feelings aside because she had promised herself that she would do whatever she could to make Santana happy. And if making Santana happy meant making out in front of boys at parties, then that was what Brittany would do.

Brittany made sure she was seen still hooking up with guys so their classmates wouldn't ask questions about her suddenly only making out with Santana instead of anyone else. She didn't enjoy it, especially after knowing that the brunette could make her feel infinitely better than anyone else ever had or probably ever would. But it protected Santana, and she would do whatever she could to protect her best friend.

As the summer progressed, however, something seemed to change. Their make out sessions seemed to get more passionate, which wasn't surprising. Brittany had a hard time holding herself back from doing more each time they started kissing each other. It only got harder the more she became addicted to Santana's delicious mouth. She had to force herself not to let her hands roam over the Latina's body or to move her lips down her soft, supple neck to taste her skin.

It eventually progressed that they started making out in private. Once that started, Santana eased up on kissing Brittany in front of boys. Santana would still get together with a guy at the end of the night, but started to reserve most of their intimate moments for their own time. Brittany could tell that Santana wanted those times to be something between the two of them, and it made it more special to the blonde.

Having more privacy also meant that their kissing became more passionate. And then it was happening every day. Santana would barely let them get into her bedroom or Brittany's after Cheerios practice or a party before practically pouncing on her in her eagerness. Brittany was just as eager for the Latina's kisses, so she wasn't complaining.

They were spending nearly every night at one or the other's house. These sleepovers before were spent talking and watching movies, and now they consisted of kissing and cuddling. Brittany often found herself falling asleep with her arms around Santana, or with the Latina curled into her side. She absolutely loved those nights. She slept the best the nights Santana's body was touching hers.

And sleepovers with the Cheerios or Quinn didn't mean they could stay away from each other. Most of the time, Santana ended up dragging Brittany off to a different room in the house so they could be together in private. They would both get worked up into a frenzy, so wrapped up in each other, before finally heading back to try and sleep in their haze of desire.

Brittany wanted to do so much more with Santana than just kiss her. The kissing was great, no doubt about that. The kissing was spectacular, actually. But Brittany was so turned on making out with the Latina that it really was a struggle not to do more. And she knew if she pushed Santana to move to the next level, the brunette would run.