Chapter 22

Spring 2017

The past two years had been incredibly busy for Brittany and Santana. Both of them worked incredibly hard to get as many classes as they could each semester to try to get through school as fast as possible since they had already lost a couple of years from dropping out. Brittany kept her job at the dance studio because she loved it, and she picked up another class to teach. She also did a few more consulting jobs which paid well.

She was super proud of Santana when the Latina recorded an album with Mercedes' label. Brittany knew it was something that Santana really wanted to do, and the album was really good. It didn't sell that well, but Santana wasn't bothered by that. They both knew it was because she refused to tour to promote it because their school and their marriage were more important. Still, Mercedes helped to promote it on her own tour, so it saw decent enough sales and the money was a bonus.

School had been pretty tedious for Brittany. She forced herself through the basic curriculum with Santana and tutors to help her. She had been placed in the advanced math courses right away, so most of the rest of her time at school was the classes she struggled with. Her math classes were pretty much cake for her and didn't require a lot of thinking now that she understood how her brain worked. Study sessions with Santana often ended the way they did in high school, however, with them making out or having sex instead of studying everything they needed to.

Thankfully Santana did help her get through the core curriculum she needed to get her degree. She knew she wouldn't have been able to make it through college without her wife. She wasn't homesick like she was at MIT, and she was able to go to campus with Santana and come home to her every night. That was what got her through it all. And when their basic classes were finished and their degree courses became their primary focus, they did see a little less of each other.

Brittany was incredibly glad that they had promised each other that they would do something together outside of school so they could have a little more time for fun together. They spent time doing a couple of dance classes, since Brittany always loved dancing with Santana. They had even done a couple of plays and did some parts in some of Artie's films for his school.

They tried to keep their love of singing together alive by joining an acapella group, but Santana didn't get along with the group's leader. Brittany was not pleased at the way the woman insulted her wife, so she said the woman dressed like Lord Tubbington back in the days when he was addicted to ecstasy and not in a good way. Then she dragged her astonished wife out of the building and was rewarded by Santana propping her up on the kitchen counter and spreading her legs to go down on her. It was totally worth it.

Brittany was really proud of how Santana was doing in school. She could tell that her wife was really enjoying what she was studying and looking forward to graduating in a year. Santana was really pushing to get her degree so she could get to working. Santana was planning on interning at a big PR firm in the summer. She hoped to get a job there when she graduated, and Brittany figured she had a good chance since both Mercedes and Rachel promised Santana they would use her as their publicist once she graduated.

Brittany loved the fact that they lived in the same city as a lot of their glee family. They saw Rachel, Artie, Kurt, and Blaine on a regular basis. And Mercedes, Quinn, Tina, and Puck often came into the city to visit. Brittany kept in touch with Mike, Sam, and Sugar, too, and kept her wife informed on what was going on with their friends. They were sad that being in school wouldn't allow them to go back to celebrate Mr. Schue's promotion to McKinley's new principal as the school became a performing arts school. But they made sure that they made time to go back and visit the glee club's new coach, Sam, and Mr. Schue in Lima when they visited their families.