Chapter 6

Brittany was still waiting. Things had mostly been good between her and Santana leading up to Regionals. There was that bad week when they were all in a funk and Sue stopped coming in to work so the Cheerios were all kind of lost. Brittany had gotten so used to the psychotic Cheerios practices that when they had stopped, everything got weird. And Santana kind of freaked because without the Cheerios, they just had glee and that wasn't good for her popularity at all. So Brittany kind of freaked because Santana was freaking.

But then Sue came back and they won Nationals and everything was great again. The celebration that night, after they had been forced to show their obscenely large trophy to Mr. Schue, was also really awesome. Brittany particularly liked it when Santana was happy, because it made the sex better. It made her feel more connected to the brunette, because Santana didn't feel like things were shameful between them at those times.

Things with the glee club went up and down. Jesse St. James threw off the whole dynamic, and even though making Rachel Berry's weird music video was kind of fun, the love triangle thing (or was it a quintuple?) was wearing on everyone's nerves. Then Rachel found out that Ms. Corcoran was her mom and everyone thought she was going to abandon them for Vocal Adrenaline, but thankfully she didn't.

Unfortunately, however, Jesse did and it seriously threw a damper on their chances of winning at Regionals. There were times, however, when the glee kids could all band together, like when they stood up against Karofsky and Azimio when the jocks bullied Kurt and against Vocal Adrenaline when they tried to psych them out. And preparing for Regionals was definitely one of the times when they could act as a team.

But they still lost. And that hurt a lot. Brittany hated standing there, holding Santana's hand tightly as they waited nervously for the results and hearing Vocal Adrenaline called out as the winner. Quinn giving birth and them all rushing to the hospital to be there with her made her think that good things were going to happen. But then it didn't.

Santana was really angry about their loss. Mostly, Brittany knew, because she was upset that she was losing something that meant a lot to her. Brittany had to talk the Latina down from going after Jesse for all that he did. It wasn't really Jesse's fault. It was just a really messed up situation. Yeah, Jesse was a jerk, but he wasn't the only reason why they lost. Thankfully, she got Santana to calm down and let it go.

Going to the choir room after their loss was really hard. Brittany didn't like the idea of not having the thing that had brought her and Santana closer together. Glee club had allowed them to be open and carefree at school, and it was where Brittany had realized that she was in love with Santana.

And she was really going to miss all of her new friends from the glee club. She really liked everybody. Well, mostly everybody. She didn't particularly care for Finn, especially after Santana slept with him. And Rachel was really annoying and was honestly kind of mean to her, so she didn't really like her much, either. But she was still going to miss them because she hadn't had this many true friends in longer than she could remember. Losing glee was one of the saddest things that had ever happened to her.

But then a miracle happened, and Sue relented in her vendetta against the New Directions. Glee club was going to get another year! Brittany wouldn't have to give up spending that happy time with Santana. She wouldn't have to miss seeing the joy that would spread across the girl's face as she sang, and she wouldn't have to miss seeing that happiness cause the Latina to open up to the other glee members. And Brittany wouldn't have to give up her friends, or the joy she got dancing and performing.

She honestly couldn't believe how things had changed over the past couple of years. She went from having no friends to having a best friend that she was closer to than anyone else she had ever been in her life. She had a group of friends that she was starting to consider to be her family, and knew that she would always care for these people. She had a girl that she was in love with, and even though it wasn't an ideal situation, she was glad to experience love for the first time in her life. Glee club had brought her a lot of these changes in her life, and so she was hopeful that it would continue to bring more good things to her life.