Chapter 18

Brittany couldn't remember having a better holiday season before. The one senior year wasn't bad, but was clouded over by the drama of Santana's outing and Brittany's declining grades. This year, however, was practically perfect.

They had gone back to Lima after they finished their time in Hawaii just in time for Thanksgiving. Brittany was thrilled to see her family again, as well as Lord and Lady Tubbington. It had been so long since she had seen them, and Lord Tubbington was a little upset with her. He wouldn't even tell her what he had been up to while she was gone. He started to warm up to her when she told him about everything she had been doing while she was away.

Santana was glad to visit her own family as well, and Brittany was happy to see her girlfriend so happy to be back in Lima. The only black cloud came when they weren't able to see the Lopezes on Thanksgiving since Santana's abuela was going to be there and wouldn't be willing to see Santana and Brittany. So they had a small dinner the night before with Santana's parents and spent Thanksgiving Day with Brittany's family. Santana's parents were excited to hear about everything they had done while they were gone and Brittany could tell that they were thrilled to see how happy their daughter was with Brittany.

Brittany loved spending time with her parents and sister, but sometimes they could be so embarrassing. Her dad kept giving them a hard time for being gone for so long on vacation, and her mom teased Santana about the Yeast-I-Stat commercials. Brittany knew that her mom was really proud of Santana for having landed the role in the commercials, but her mom was the type of person that she couldn't resist making fun of the subject. Brittany knew that her parents loved Santana because Brittany did, and they wanted her to be happy. She was so thankful that her parents were so supportive of her in whatever she decided to do and who she decided to be with.

Brittany and Santana spent time at both of their parents' houses during the weeks before Christmas. It felt like they were back in high school again, splitting time at one another's houses and spending the night together in their old rooms. They had spent so much time with just the two of them though that it was a little weird when they started spending time apart. It was a good thing, however, because it was going to prepare them for when they had to live apart for awhile. So Brittany spent time catching up with her parents and playing with her little sister and Lord and Lady Tubbington while Santana spent a lot of time with her mom. They always spent the night together, and fell asleep cuddled in each other's arms.

Even though Brittany was really excited for Christmas this year, she and Santana had decided not to spend a lot of money on gifts for each other. Brittany hadn't started earning any money yet and Santana hadn't had a paycheck in months. They had spent a couple of months vacationing and used up a nice chunk of money and they still needed to be able to save for when they finally did move to New York. Brittany really was just happy to be able to spend the holidays with Santana. She didn't need expensive gifts or anything, just her girlfriend, and she had that.

Their time away was so amazing for them, so Brittany wanted to give Santana something special to commemorate their trip. So she got a t-shirt made with a picture of them in Greece on it and put 'Brittana World Tour 2013' below the picture. She knew Santana would wear it when they were alone together, which was perfectly fine with Brittany because Santana did a lot of special things when it was just the two of them. Santana was delighted with her gift, and Brittany loved the crayons and picture from Hawaii that Santana gave her. Christmas had been wonderful.

Brittany knew their time in Lima was starting to become limited, however. She had called her former professor shortly after they had gotten back to Ohio but had yet to hear anything back. She knew it could be any day, but they were already past New Year's and they had been living with their parents for over a month, so she brought up moving back to New York while they continued to wait. Santana was on board with the idea but said that if they didn't hear anything within the next couple of weeks then they would go.