°Chapter 10°

" Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage "

- Lao Tzu

       He grabbed my hand and we were out of the restaurant in seconds

Lost in my thoughts I didn't realize he parked in front of a building complex.

'' You can't possibly think that I'll go into your apartment to have this conversation with you''

''Are you scared, baby?''

I shook my head .''I'm not afraid of you, Alex.''

'' Good. Come. You won't regret it, I assure you.''

'' So you keep saying, Mr. Williams.''

 Laughing he put his hands in mine and led me to the entrance of the place. My whole body was tingling and pulsing under his touch. What this man was doing to me?

    He took me to the roof of the building. The damn roof.

''So, are we gonna talk here? Aren't you scared that I might push you out of the roof?''

'' Well, clearly I didn't think this through'' He said amused

''No, you didn't, Alex''

''Let's sit and admire the city, my Rose.''

Walking towards him, I released a tense breath from my lungs .''It really is a date, isn't  it?''

'' I told you so. And I hope for another one.''

'' Alex...'' I meant to snap, but my voice was nothing but a horse whisper.

'' My father made me leave, Rose. The firm was at the edge of bankruptcy and he needed our help. I told you at the office how he threatened me. I'm really sorry, Rose, but you don't know him. You don't know what he did to me and Adrian. The thought of the things he could do to you...made me sick. I loved you, Rose. I had to protect you from him.''

Reaching out to him I hugged him so tight to let him know that it was okay. 

'' What did he do to you, Alex?'' 

''He ...has a drinking problem. Adrian and I were just kids when it started. We didn't understand what was going on. We only knew that our father was always angry and drunk. So drunk that he didn't realize what he was doing and how bad he was beating his children. Never crossed his mind that I might die when he was smashing his vodka bottles to my head and body'' 

'' Ohh, my God, baby. I'm so sorry.'' I didn't even know at this point when I started crying.

     My Alex... The man I loved so deeply was abused by his own father and I didn't even suspect it. Then it hit me.

  '' The scars on your body are from him, aren't they?''

'' Yes...''  His answer made me sob loud enough to cause Alex to hold me tighter.

''Now you understand why I had to protect you. He is a sadistic son of a bitch. I had to keep you away from him.''

Stepping a step behind, I admitted the truth .'' You could just say something. You would protect me by staying by my side, not abounding me.'' 

Running a thoughtful hand across his hair, he gave his head a shake. '' Rose... I was scared that he -''

'' I  was pregnant, Alex...''

........................................................................................................................................................

                  Vote & Comment💋