° Chapter 7 °

"What is past is prologue "

- W. Shakespeare

 Shakespeare

*Victoria *

  Going inside his office, I was so nervous. My hands were sweating, and my heart was beating like crazy.

I had so many questions. Why did he leave? Why does he want to work at Amery's firm? Why did he kiss me? Why?

'' Good morning, Rose. I wasn't expecting you. Are you okay? '' Blake asked me, standing in front of me, placing his hands on my shoulders.

'' Good morning, Blake. I came here because we have unfinished business, don't you think? Stop touching me and sit down. We need to talk. ''

''I told you to call me Alex, Rose. Don't make me repeat myself. I know we need to talk. I didn't expect to be so soon, though.''

'' So soon? Are you kidding, right? Next week we are going to work at the same firm, which leads me to my first question. Why do you want to work at my firm, Blake? It's clear to me that you already have a job. Daddy Williams made sure of that.."

'' First of all, I'll work there because one of my friends needs my help with a big case that he is working on. So I will share my time between there and my firm. Secondly, daddy Williams didn't give me anything. I worked very hard for this damn position, and don't you dare question my abilities. You have no idea what I sacrifice for this firm.''

'' You are right, I don't. But, why do I have a feeling that you left me because of this  firm ?''

'' That wasn't my choice, Rose. I need you to understand that. I tried to-''

'' That's what Adrian said earlier.''

'' You saw Adrian? '' Blake asked me confused

'' I did. I saw him outside before I came to your office. We talked a little, and he said the exact same thing. You didn't have a choice. So, you tell me that you didn't have a choice not even to call me or fucking text me?''

'' I tried, Rose, but my father,...threatened me, he told me that if I contacted you again he would make sure you stay unemployed for the rest of your life. He obviously heard about our plans to start a law firm together, and he couldn't stand the fact that I wouldn't be there for him when he needed me the most. I'm really sorry Rose, I know I fucked up our relationship, our dreams. I know you feel betrayed and..-

I didn't know what to say. He kept talking, but I couldn't listen. His father...he must really hate me. I know that he isn't my biggest fan, but this hatred doesn't make any sense. I almost died because of him. I lost two years of my life because of him, and the only thing he cared about was his father's firm? I was beyond furious. My eyes glowed with anger as I stood up and slapped him hard.

''This is how I feel, Blake! You fucking asshole! I nearly lost my life because of you and your stupid firm. I hope you are happy now with your billions and your position because I'm fucking done with your shit'' I said outstretching my finger towards his face and without warning, he cupped my face and pressed me against the white wall. He pressed his body hard against mine, feeling his manhood quickly growing.

'' You nearly died ?'' He questioned.

'' Don't fucking touch me! '' I whispered yelled trying to get away and avoid eye contact at the same time.

'' Your body doesn't seem to mind my touch, my Rose. You still turn me on when you yell at me, how do you do that? I'm sorry, but I cannot control my body's reaction when I'm near you.'' Blake whispered, resting his head against mine. It caught me completely off guard. I froze, caught between anger and lust.

''Blake, baby, are you ready for lunch?'' A feminine voice said, causing Blake to pull away immediately.

'' Amy, what are you doing here''? He said, glaring at her.

''I came here to have lunch with you. Who is this? "

'' I'm Victoria Jones, Blake's friend, and colleague'' I answered before he had the chance.

'' Nice to meet you, Victoria. I'm Amy Morrison. Blake's fiancée''

Please Comment & Vote
♥️