°Chapter 3 °

" Some say it's painful to wait for someone. Some say it's painful to forget someone. But, the worst pain comes when you don't know whether to wait or forget.."

- Unknown

'' Rosie? What's going on? Are you alright? You seem like you've seen a ghost'' Christian said waiting for me to answer

    I open my mouth to say something, anything, but before I had the chance Blake himself was standing right in front of me with an expression on his face that I wasn't able to decipher.

''Blake meet Victoria Jones. She works at Amery & Associates,  the law firm which hired you a week ago to work for them. Victoria this is my best friend Blake Williams and a badass lawyer'' Nick did the introductions smiling at me...if he only knew

'' I'll be dammed'' I heard Christian murmur to himself.

''Hello, Alex..'' I manage to speak with a fainted voice... ( Blake's middle name)

'' Hello, Rose. How have you been? '' Alex responded.

'' Wait. Do you know each other?'' Nick asked with confusion clearly written all over his face.

'' Yeah, they went to Columbia together. Right guys? '' Christian interfered

'' Ohh, that explains the thing with the middle names because I keep wondering here how on earth do you know Blake's middle name'' Nick commended.

'' Υes, we used to refer to each other with our middle names'' I said

''So you two were close''? 

   When Alex was about to answer, Olivia and Marc approached us. Oli was obviously shocked and Marc had a weird expression on his face. Obviously, he was trying to figure out what's going on.

'' Blake! What a surprise! How are you? Long time no see'' Olivia was the first one to speak.

       Alex knew my two childhood friends. Me, him, Olivia, and Christian used to hang out a lot when we were in college. Marc became part of our group after Alex left. He never learned about my relationship with him or what happened to me after Alex's disappearance. 

'' I'm good Olivia. How are you? '' Alex answered kindly extending his hand for Olivia to shake.

'' I'm doing fine, I guess. This is Marc our best friend and Christian's colleague.''

''Nice to meet you Marc'' Alex told him

'' Likewise'' Marc nodded.

After all the proper introductions, we chatted here and there avoiding like the plague the topic of my and Alex's relationship, mostly from Nick.

The awkward situation was interrupted by the mayor who thankfully started his speech about the importance of the fundraiser and how grateful he was to all of us who donated money. Alex took this opportunity and vanish into the crowd. Leaving me thanking all the Gods up there mentally.

The night came to an end and I and Christian sat in the car silently, waiting for him to say something, while he was driving.

'' Soo, the fundraiser was so much fun .'' He finally announced.

''Drop the bullshit Chris and ask me about him to get over with..'' I snapped

'' Alright, you got me. How are you feeling? ''

'' Excellent!'' I said glaring at him

'' Seriously, how are feeling? You know I was there too Rosie, I saw the look on your face when he approached us.''

''and what look was that exactly Christian ?''

'' I don't know..hurt maybe? '' He said with a low voice

'' I was hurt a long time ago Christian. Now I simply don't give a shit''

'' Alright, so we will be at your place tomorrow around noon. Is that okay?''

In any case, he knew better than to pressure me about the situation.

'' Ohh right.. Tennis day. I totally forgot. Yeah, sure noon is perfect.! Good Night Chris and thanks for the ride.'' I said closing the door of his car behind me and heading down to my apartment, only to come face to face with a handsome surprise.

........................................................................................................................................................

        PLEASE COMMENT & VOTE

                             ♥️