°Chapter 12°

'' You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated''

- Maya Angelou

    Two weeks had flown by, and I haven't heard from him

    Two weeks had flown by, and I haven't heard from him. He didn't show up at work either. It may be for the best. But why doesn't feel like it?

'' Has he contacted you yet? '' Olivia asked from behind. She came here earlier for a Friend's marathon, but I wasn't in the mood. Instead, I poured a glass of wine and handed it to her.

'' No. I can't blame him for pushing me away. That was a lot to take in.''

'' Well, let's see... He learned you had an accident and lost the baby because you thought he came back to you. Not to mention, you were in a coma and had depression for months, again, because of him. Yeah, that's a lot ''

'' To be honest, you make me sound like he cast a spell on me, Oli ''

''Perhaps he did, Vicky. No way, you were so fucking in love with him. God, I don't wanna fall for a man, EVER.!''

'' Are you sure about that, Oli? Because I know for a fact that the William charm is impossible to resist to. ''

'' No comment '' She said without looking at me.

'' Where are Christian and Marc, anyway?. I haven't seen them in forever''  Changing the subject of our discussion was one of the abilities I specialized in, especially when we were talking about the Williams.

'' They are in Chicago for a job for a couple of days'' 

'' So, what are we going to do on Sunday?'' I asked her.

'' We can go to the movies, I guess. That movie we were talking about the other- '' Her response was interrupted by the phone.

'' Hold on, Oli, let me pick that up. Lord knows it will never stop if I don't''

''Hello?'' I asked without looking at it.

'' Rose, we need to talk'' His deep voice boomed from the device. Frozen on the spot, I didn't answer.

'' Are you there, Rose? ''

''Yes...'' 

'' Tomorrow. I'll pick you up for breakfast before work''

'' Okay... Goodnight.''

'' Night.''

'' Who was it?'' Olivia asked, taking my phone from my hands.

'' It was him. He said we need to talk''

'' Shit...'' She murmured.

'' Yeah... Shit '' I agreed.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

                                                               VOTE & COMMENT ❤