°Chapter 13°

'' The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain''

- Dolly Parton

* Blake *

'' Wow, that's some shit she went through, man'' After she left I called Adrian to come immediately. No way I was spending the night alone.

'' I know, Adrian. And the thing is, I cannot stop blaming myself. She lost our baby because of me, she was in a fucking coma ...because of me. All this wouldn't happen if I stood up to our father''.

''You can't change your previous decisions, Blake, but you can your present ones. I think the universe is giving you and Vicky another chance. Choose wisely this time.''

With my heartbeat quickening at just the mention of her name, I reply, '' I can't let her go, brother.''

''Then forget about the past, beg her for forgiveness, but first, for fuck's sake, stop blaming yourself. You did what you thought was right and if you knew about the baby, I'm sure you would have done again what you thought was the right thing .''

'' How am I supposed to stop the damn blame, Adrian? Everything she went through is because of me''

'' You have to, man. Take some time from work, think things through and call her. It's time to make this right.'' Adrian said standing by the door.

Well, easier said than done, brother

After my conversation with Adrian and almost every night, I drank myself to sleep. Sometimes I was dreaming of little hands and toes and others a car driving towards Rose, with me on the driver's seat.

Two weeks passed by and I hadn't talked to anyone, not even my brother. And that says a lot. The second week I couldn't stop thinking about her. When I couldn't take it anymore, I picked up the phone and called her.

''Rose, we need to talk''

Silence. Did I call the right number?

''Rose, are you there?'' I tried again.

When I heard a fainted yes I told her I'll take her for breakfast tomorrow. We said our goodnights and for the first time in two weeks, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

VOTE & COMMENT ❤