° Chapter 2 °

'' Accept how you feel but don't let feelings rule you.! You are in control. You are not their slave..''

- unknown

'' Ahh ... damn you Olivia and your stupid plans !! I have prepared nothing, and now I am supposed to spend my entire day at the office." A knock at the door interrupted my 5th outburst of the day. My assistant Sandra came into view holding a bunch of folders.

'' Are you ready, Mrs. Jones? The meeting starts in 10 minutes.''

'' Yes, Sandra, I'm coming I just need to find the brief of Mrs. Grayson's case and I will be righ-..."

" I have the brief right here," she said, showing me the document.

" Oh, Sandra, you are a lifesaver. Thank you."

Fortunately, the meeting went very well despite our -my- lack of preparation
on the case.
The next few days we were all busy. Christian and Marc arresting people and Olivia teaching her students God knows what.
Of course, the day of the mayor's son fundraiser came faster than I excepted, and all my dear friends had the courtesy to show up to my apartment. Obviously, to make sure I'll be ready on time. I am not gonna lie. I didn't want to go. These kinds of things bored the hell out of me, but I had promised Chris I'll go, and that is exactly what I am going to do.

"Rosieee...are you ready? We are gonna be late.!"

"I'm coming, Christian" I shouted. This man is so impatient. I murmured to myself.

As I was looking at myself in the mirror, I noticed that I looked like a powerful and very confident woman, like a had my shit together, even though I didn't. The royal blue dress I had selected had a very deep v neckline and an open back. The silky blue material matched perfectly with my red stilettos and wine-painted lips. I called this look, sexy and classy.

"Finally!" commended Christian.

"What can I say? Perfection takes time darling" I answered while walking down the stairs and at the same time two pairs of blue and green eyes were fixed on me.

"You look beautiful, Victoria, as always"

" Thanks, Marc. Is Oli ready? "

"Yes! I'm here. Sorry, I was in the kitchen." A running Olivia came into view, holding a half-eaten plate of pasta.

" You were eating? Again? You had dinner half an hour ago. This woman and her pasta.''   Marc murmured the last part to himself.

"Oh please, like you didn't eat an apple a few minutes ago, Marc."

     Shaking my head smiling I grabbed Christian and led him to the door. We decided to ride together in his car, while our best friends used Marc's. The ride to the fundraiser was surprisingly peaceful. Chris did not talk much, which was very bizarre, but I didn't bother to disturb him. He was in deep consideration. The past few days he was like this, we were talking, well, I was talking, and he was busy with his thoughts. I wanted to ask him what's going on, but I know Christian since diapers, he didn't talk unless he wanted to.

" We are here," my best friend said, interrupting my thoughts.

When I was about to open the door, he did it for me. Right...the gentleman thing I thought.

"See, I can be a gentleman after all " He said

" I can see that,  I am just wondering how long is gonna last "

"Save your comments for later on Rosie. Now let's go inside and please act like a lady "

" We both know I am far from that but luckily for you, I am an excellent actress"

" I am counting on that," He said laughing

The whole building- more like a mansion - was magnificent at least. The whole place screamed rich.

Inside were at least a hundred people

Inside were at least a hundred people. All looking extremely wealthy. Everyone who's anyone was here. Both women and men were wearing expensive clothes, and they were acting like they own the fucking world. That's why I don't like these things. On these occasions, men typically brag about their new properties while women show off their newest jewelry and dresses.

'' What are you looking for? '' I asked Christian.

'' Marc and Olivia. They haven't arrived yet. Anyway, come, I will introduce you to Nick.''

'' Wait... do you mean Nick Morrison? The mayor's son? How do you know him?''

'' We played tennis together, remember? Nick has a pharmacy company and as you can see from the place we are at, he's got a few billion in his bank account. Come, I am sure you want someone like Nick as your client.''

'' Damn right, I do.''

As we were walking towards Nick and the group of people that he was talking to. I started to feel nervous ...like, it was the first time I was meeting someone.

''Nick, hey, how are you, man? "' Christian said, giving him a bro hug.

'' Chris, it's been ages since I saw you, looking good I see'' Nick answered with a smile.

'' Well, you know me, always manage. May I introduce you to my friend Victoria Jones.''

''Nice to meet you, Victoria ''

'' Nice to meet you to Nick and Congratulations on your company's new expansion. ''

'' Well, thank you! May I ask you, what do you do for a living?'

'' I am a lawyer and I work at Amery & Associates law firm.''

''Oh, I know that firm. I hear is one of the best companies in town. Actually, one of my best friends is gonna work there, I believe next month. Wait, I am gonna introduce you to him. Hey Blake, come over here, I want you to meet someone''

Nick was calling for a tall man with black hair and a very muscular back. I know that back I thought, but before I had the chance to remember from where, the man I was trying to forget, the man who was my everything a few years ago turned and looked at me straight in the eyes. I stood there frozen, I couldn't speak, hell I couldn't even breathe.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

........................................................................................................................................................

Please Comment & Vote

♥️