THE FUNERAL AND SEPARATION ANXIETY

HEY GUYZ SO HERE IS THE NEXT CHAPTER! I HAD IT TYPED UP BUT WATTPAD DECIDED TO DELETE IT BEFORE I COULD POST IT GRRR! SO HERE IT IS!

LACEYS POV

“How about this one?”

“Nope.”

“This one?”

“Nah.”

“What about this?”

“Eww!”

“Lacey I know you don’t want to go but you have to it’s what mom and dad would have wanted. You can stall all you want but there is no way you are getting out of this one. Ok?”

I was sitting on my bed and Tyler was showing me different outfits to wear to my parent’s funeral. Ty was right I was stalling and I didn’t want to go. But I knew I had to.

“Tyler! Lacey! It’s almost time to go! We leave in 10 minutes!”

“Ok Kelly! We’ll be down in a few!”

Tyler practically threw me into the bathroom and told me to take a shower and get dressed.

After the fastest shower of my life I got dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a red and black stripped t-shirt with a swoop neckline and a pair of black flats. I was not a girly girl and refused to wear dresses and skirts. I even planned on just wearing a nice top and a nice pair of jeans to my wedding.

I ran down the stairs and tripped on the last step. I would have fallen flat out on my face if Tyler hadn’t caught me.

“Careful Lace!”

“Sorry Ty.”

 “Are you two ready to go?”

“Yes Kelly.”

We drove to the church and I was terrified of what was to come.

TYLERS POV

When we got to the church I didn’t realize just how hard it would be to get Lacey in there. But finally after yanking her out of her seat, pulling the seat belt out of her death grip and prying her fingers off of the door handle we finally made it inside with her on my back. When we walked in I was amazed at what I saw.

There were basketballs hanging from the celling with little lights inside them lighting up the room with a dim orange glow, tiger lilies lined the walls and window sills. Moms favourite photos were hung everywhere; on the walls, from the ceiling, on the window sills. At the front of the church sat two black shiny caskets that I knew held my mom and dad. I looked passed the caskets to see about 40 jerseys all signed with messages addressed to my dad and even some to my mom.

I looked over at jersey number 19. It read; ‘Hiya Pops! Guess what? I finally mastered my jump shot! Can you believe it? I'm really gonna miss you. We are never going to find a coach as amazing as you. I love you! Love Katie.’

Katie is on Lacey’s team. She’s 10. I remember seeing dad working on her jump shot with her. They were at it every day and she was getting really good dad was determined to help her master it and he did.

I looked at jersey number 5. It was a girl on my team named Jenna she was one of my best friends and she was pretty close with my dad. I read her jersey and smiled.

‘Dear dad,

Well I guess the angel basketball team has a new coach and the best coach they could ever get to. I hope they know just how lucky they are. Where do I even start? You were a second father to me. You believed in me when no one else did and you taught me so much. There is so much I could say but I don’t think my jersey is big enoughJ. I love you so much dad! I will miss you forever!