Sidekick x Villain (Switching Sides)

tw // suicidal tendencies

___

Villain pulled back from sending a blow at Sidekick.

"Why are you stopping?" Sidekick asked, out of breath.

"You want me to kill you. Why?" Villain asked in return. Their eyes gleamed shrewdly in the darkness. They were kneeling over Sidekick, who was propped up with an arm raised in half-hearted defense.

Sidekick didn't answer for a moment, looking away. They lowered their arm.

"Who's going to miss me? Hero? You?" they rasped out in a defiant laugh.

Villain said nothing. The two of them stayed there, catching their breath. Sidekick raised their eyes to meet Villain's. Villain shook their head wordlessly and stood up. They turned and walked away, leaving Sidekick confused and coming off the rush of adrenaline.

___

The next time they met, Hero was facing down Villain. Sidekick stood at Hero's side not quite looking at Villain.

"I'm going to stop you from hurting anyone else, here and now," Hero said solemnly, fists clenched.

Villain sneered. "And who's going to stop you?"

"I'm not hurting anyone," Hero snarled.

Villain's gaze traveled over the destruction Hero had caused in their fight before briefly resting on Sidekick.

"Are you sure about that?" they asked Hero as they turned back to face their enemy.

Hero only scoffed before lunging at them.

___

"You came. I'm not surprised," a voice said softly from behind Sidekick.

Sidekick turned to meet Villain in the darkness of night. They had followed the directions Villain had sent to them privately, which had brought them to the edge of the city.

"Why didn't you kill me?" Sidekick asked immediately.

Villain took a few idle steps forward.

"You wanted it," they replied.

Sidekick fidgeted, swallowing. Villain came closer.

"Maybe I can convince you to live at my side rather than die by my hand..." they whispered as they stepped within reach of Sidekick.

Sidekick's breathing hitched as they cautiously stepped forward to meet Villain. Head tilted in question, Villain leaned close to Sidekick.

"What do you say?" they asked even more softly, breath tickling against Sidekick's skin. They waited.

"Yes," Sidekick whispered back