Chapter 2: The Big Apple

A/N: Play the song when you see (play)It's a long chapter, because I think meeting Eren for the first time deserves it 🤤💦---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a long chapter, because I think meeting Eren for the first time deserves it 🤤💦
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N! Are you ready?!"

I sighed as a zipped up my suitcase. Today, I was finally leaving the sleepy little town I grew up in. "Yes, mum!," I called out from my bedroom. I turned my head around, surveying the area to make sure I had taken everything I needed.

Last night, I had cleaned my room for the last time and packed the majority of my clothes. I still didn't believe this would be my last few moments living at home. From my desk, my phone began to ring. I crossed the length of my room and picked it up. It was Alec.

"Yo, I'm on my way over now," Alec said excitedly.

"Yeah, my mum should be waiting for you downstairs," I responded with significantly less enthusiasm. I'm not a morning person.

"Aight, in a bit,"

I placed my phone in my pocket and dragged my two large suitcases towards my door. Hitch was already in New York preparing our shared apartment. She was kind enough to arrange everything for us, promising that her dad would be looking after our residential needs in NYC. My mum said she'd give me an allowance to pay rent, but all other expenses would be of my own accord. I didn't mind that, It almost seemed like everything was being handed to me on a silver platter anyway.

I heard a soft knock at my door, and my brother entered with Zeus in his arms. Zeus was our 5 month old Siberian husky. We got him for my 18th birthday this year. I wasn't going to leave without him. Zeus yapped at me happily and tried to jump out of my brothers arms.

"Heyyyy buddy,' I murmured, scooping him into my arms. I looked up at my brother. His curly brown hair was tied into braids across his head. "Ima help you bring the suitcases down" he said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Thanks, Luca" I answered. I was going to miss my little brother, but it won't be long till he graduates as well. I followed him down the stairs. Luca placed the suitcases beside the front door and hopped the rest of the way into the kitchen. Rubbing behind Zeus' ears, I walked in as well. My mum was drinking a cup of coffee in a pair of jeans and a floral blouse. Her soft locks, glistened in the sunlight coming from the kitchen window. "Good morning, darling," she said,' Is Alec still coming? We should be heading out now if you wanna catch your flight"

I took out my phone to check the time. 9:13AM. We needed to be at the airport by 10AM. Just then, I received a text from Alec. I'm at your door.

After gently placing Zeus into his portable kennel, I walked quickly down the hallway to open the door for Alec. "Hey, hey, hey," I chirped. Alec swung one of his suitcases at my leg. I dodged but ended up capping my knee on the door handle. Luca cackled from down the hallway. "Shut the fuck up Luca!" I yelled, grabbing my knee in pain.