Chapter 7: Need

A/N: this is gonna be Jean's POV. I just have to say I adore Jean a lot, my second fave aot character, and I love eren and jean's friendship, i know they're like rivals but they love each other, really 😅

—————————————————————-

Jean's POV

After undressing and taking a shower, I scrambled into bed and grabbed my phone from my bedside table. Y/N looked amazing tonight, and I couldn't tear my eyes off her. I never expected her to show up at this party. She wasn't exactly orientated in that way. When I seen her walk in to the room, my jaw practically dropped, and my heart swelled. I was ecstatic when I found out she was coming to this university with me, and thought it would be a great way to take my chances with her.

I never felt jealousy the way I did two hours ago. She chose Eren, as the most attractive? I know the guy's pretty attractive, I mean, he's a first year and he's got the attention of the entire campus regardless of the fact that he's actually meant to be a second year. But I believe I have a chance. I want Y/N, and I've wanted her since freshman year.

I sighed, and tapped on the Instagram icon. Pulling up on Y/N's page. I smiled at her cute, but bold and artistic vibe. Eren and Y/N had spent a good 10 minutes in the supply closet and I spent the whole time worrying that Eren had seduced her. Ever since I met Eren, we had been competing. It didn't matter what it was, I always rivalled him. Football, basketball, combat training at camp, everything.

He was cocky, but not the type people hate, the type where he was sure of himself, but didn't look down on others. The type where it was determination and strength that brought him there, but he was crazy. His pure determination would get him in trouble one day, he simply just wasn't level headed. And that's where I differed from him. Eren was one of my greatest enemies, but he's also one of my greatest friends. We rivalled in everything, but we cannot rival in love interests. It's something I'd surely lose in, because what Eren has that I don't? Is the drive to get what he wants, even if he doesn't deserve it, even if he'll get hurt along the way, he'll fight to get it even if he dies. What he wants, he gets. And I can't compete with that.

Eren has so many girls throwing themselves at his feet. Mikasa and Historia wrapped around his finger. Even Pieck, who we only met a month prior, was drawn in to his charms. I was shocked to find out Historia, however attached to Ymir had a thing for Eren. I wasn't supposed to find out, and neither was Reiner. But we kept it a secret, Historia didn't deserve the gossip.

But Eren had the entire campus, and more. He was popular outside this area too, he's a star basketball player and has always been. I mean, he can't have his eyes set on Y/N. Why would he? He just met her. Besides, Y/N assured me they only talked in the closet. Nothing more...

I grumbled, brushing my hand through my hair. "Calm down, Jean," I muttered to myself. I have nothing to worry about, Y/N isn't his type.

I thought about heading to Sasha's room to see if Y/N was still awake. But I didn't want to disturb her. I looked at the time. It was 5AM in the morning, and Sasha sure as hell would snap my leg in two if I bothered her.

I'll just have to catch her before she left in the morning. Maybe talk to her for a bit. I was angry at myself. I had four years to tell her how I felt, and I never did, but in high school I wasn't the least bit attractive. Somehow, Eren's horse face nickname haunted me and he didn't even go to our school! His influence was unbearable, but somehow Y/N didn't know about him. And I was content with that.

I decided I was going to enlist Sasha and Connie's help. Out of everyone, they were the most likely to become Y/N's closest friends here. Besides Alec and Hitch of course. But I couldn't rely on Reiner or Marco, they were terrible wingmen and were essentially part of the reason I was too weak in high school. I shook my head, at least they didn't screw me over.