Chapter 21: Stay Away From Me

AN: guys I'm so sorry about the inconsistency, and not posting for a while. I finished exams, then got a job and work 5 days a week I'm tired ASF 😭 but anyways, ily for being patient it means a lot !!

——————————

"Do you still like Eren?"

Lori sighed a solemn sigh, and nodded. She still loved Eren a lot. She tilted her head to one side to look at Levi and Mikasa. Mikasa looked annoyed, and quite frankly didn't like the fact that they were entertaining a conversation with her.

"Lori you broke up with him." Mikasa said, making it blatant she did not enjoy Lori's presence anywhere near her vicinity. "I know, but I just needed space."

"You really didn't..." Levi trailed off. "You left him alone, when he was in a miserable state."

"Listen, Lori... you got the fuck out of his life. Now stay the fuck out of his life. I was so happy not seeing you." Mikasa said, hardly caring if she hurt Lori's feelings or not. Lori obviously didn't care about her barista job at all. If she was being completely honest, the only reason she got a job there was to get close to Eren again. This was where he and his friends chilled. But it seemed Eren hadn't been here in a while.

"Look, I was going through a rough patch."

Levi snorted and leaned back in his seat. "I don't think it's a good idea for you to bother him again," Levi said looking down at his phone.

"Why?"

"Cause you were a shit girlfriend, and none of us like you," Levi responded bluntly.

"Explain to me why we're entertaining a conversation with her Levi," Mikasa said flatly. "Go away, or I'll call your manager."

Lori sighed and got up. She put on her hands in her back pocket and backed away slowly. "I'm going to talk to him, before I listen to the Ackermans"

"Don't even try," Mikasa growled. Lori smiled cheekily and turned around fully to continue the 9 to 5 job she half assed most of the time.

Levi turned to look at Mikasa who was still fuming. Her relationship with Eren, was neither platonic, familial or romantic. It hovered between the three, and it confused Mikasa. However all she needed to be certain of was how much he cared about her, and she of him. She needed to protect him at all costs, not because he was fragile, but because everything that's happened to him. He needs support, emotionally and mentally.

"If she crawls back to Eren, he won't turn her down you know," Levi said rubbing his forehead with the palm of his hand.

"I'll kick her down if she tries," Mikasa responded, her tone livid. Mikasa stared off, not really focusing on her surroundings.

Levi sighed and rubbed his temples, he felt a lot older than he actually was. "Should we tell him she's back?"

"And what would that do? Make him overthink? Give him an excuse to give her a chance?"

Levi didn't say anything, he just pursed his lips. He knew Mikasa could get very defensive when it came to Eren. The tea he had ordered sat before him, already cold. Levi tilted his head to one side.

"Y/N"

"What about her?" Mikasa replied confused.

"Don't they have something going on?" Levi questioned. Mikasa's eyebrows raised. "I wasn't aware."

"Sasha and Connie are on their way," Mikasa said, glancing at her phone.

"Mikasa."

"Look I don't know how I feel about him okay? All I know is I care about him, same as you." Mikasa blurted out, "I really like Y/N, she's my friend. I don't mind if they're more than friends. As long as he's happy."

Levi didn't want to mention that it sounded like she was trying to convince herself. He sat there, on the plush leather couch at Starbucks and waited patiently for his back up to come.

Fortunately enough, a pair of arms wrapped gently around his shoulder, in a hug. Sasha rested her chin on Levi's head and smiled. "Hi!"

"Hey, Sash," Levi smiled, his spirits slowly lifting. Mikasa waved at Sasha lightly and gave her a small smile. She still wasn't hadn't brought her mind away from that last conversation just yet.

Was she jealous of Eren and Y/N?

"Why do you guys look so gloomy?" Sasha questioned looking back and forth between the two cousins. "Lori is back."

Sasha's fave contorted in disgusted. "She's going to manipulate Jaeger again. I don't like that"

"None of us do," Levi responded leaning his head back to look up at Sasha. She had a lollipop in her mouth. It was blue.

"So...?," Sasha continued, "how do we fix this" she jumped over the back of the couch and landed on the seats with her legs crossed.

"Fix..?" Mikasa trailed off.

"You don't expect us to allow that piece of shit into Eren's life, or our lives again for that matter. Do you?" Sasha raised her eyebrow questioningly.

"I suppose not."

"Cool, so I'll let the gang know, the two timer is back. Jean and Reiner will never let Eren hear the end of this."

Levi laughed, it was quite uncommon for him to do so, but when he did laugh. It was quite angelic. "Reiner and Jean will forever let him know that they saved him from heartbreak"

"Eren would rather get kicked in the balls than let Jean say he saved him in any way" Mikasa laughed.

————————————-

"Girl, you better spill right now!"
Hitch demanded. Her dirty blonde hair was all over the place and she sat cross legged on Y/N's bed. Alec lay stretched out on the floor scrolling through tiktok.

"Well, I met Eren's dad."

"And he's in prison," Alec questioned with his eyebrow raised, " You met your potential boyfriend's parent and the man was in prison?"

Y/N nodded absently, before realising how Alec phrased everything.

"He's not my boyfriend" Y/M responded defensively.

"We know, that's why Alec said potential," Hitch interrupted, "but that's besides the point, tell us why he's in there and what happened."

"Well, essentially his dad was accused of murdering his mom, he's sentenced to prison, Eren hates his dad, his brother doesn't, Eren got hit on by an old warden lady, the place is a shit hole, Zeke introduced me to their dad as Eren's girlfriend, Eren and and Zeke are arguing, and there's a road trip happening!"
Y/N spouted.

Hitch and Alec turned to stare at Y/N from their respective positions while Y/N continued to sit leaning against her bedroom door.

"In this order?" Alec raised his eyebrows.

"I may have sidetracked on the timeline but yes, more or less," Y/N said looking up at the ceiling in thought.

"Well holy fuck?" Hitch exclaimed, "You and Eren are going to be a couple, and this will be my mission by the end of the school year. Do you hear me?"

Y/N widened her eyes and nodded slowly.

"You're going a bit off topic Hitch?" Alec laughed forgetting about the tiktoks completely.

"This year is gonna be hectic."

————-

AN: //

I'm back baesssss