Chapter 14: Pasta

3rd POV

Eren sat behind the counter of 7/11, trying his best not to fall asleep. He had taken the late shift and was thoroughly regretting doing so. He felt like collapsing from fatigue right then and there.

Eren was tired. Of what? He wasn't sure. But the feeling overwhelms him almost every day, and it wasn't just because of his late night shifts as a cashier. It felt like pressure, reliance pushing down on him from all sides.

Eren didn't need a job. In fact, he didn't need money at all. He had over 10 million dollars sat quietly in his trust fund left by his father, waiting for him.

But Eren didn't want anything to do with that man. In fact, after all these years, Eren had only visited him once in Shiganshina Prison. And that one time, his father had told him to cut his hair. And so, he never did.

Eren sighed, rubbing his eyes with his knuckles. He thought about that night he met Y/N. He had just finished his shift and was heading on his way out when she had bumped into him. He smiled at the thought of you getting flustered. He remembered thinking nothing of you at the time, a shy but sure girl in New York City.

Nothing about her caught Eren's attention, then. Y/N was ordinary.

But then why did he find himself thinking about her every now and then? Or more, how she tasted. How she felt?

Eren didn't, want to look at Y/N like another girl he would eventually fuck. It wasn't fair on her. He didn't really have feelings for her, they had only met recently. But they were friends. The word, Eren would describe how he felt about you would be: Curious.

Y/N was hopelessly clumsy, and somewhat goofy in a sense. Eren didn't expect less from a girl, who walked casually into the boys changing rooms.

Eren tries to avoid being his usual flirtatious self around Y/N, but sometimes he can't help himself. His humour was satirical and dark at times, and few people understood him. But Eren wasn't a bad person, he was just a little crazy.

A boy, that's kind but fierce. A combination that is quite dangerous.

Eren stared at the clock above the tissue roll aisle. Ten minutes until he was off.

The automatic doors slid open, and Armin, Mikasa and Zeke walked in. Armin looked slightly less childlike than usual, and Eren grinned with humour.

"Armin, you're looking sexy," Eren grinned. Mikasa smiled and ruffled Armin's hair.

"Yeah he is," She laughed.

"Eren," Zeke said, turning to look at him. Eren stopped smiling. Eren knew what his brother was going to say. And he was dreading it.

"What?"

"We have to visit dad soon you know," Zeke muttered, leaning on the counter to face Eren. Eren shook his head. Visiting that man, wasn't anywhere high on his to do list.

"I can't, I have a placement coming up," Eren said giving an excuse, "Right Mika?" Eren turned to Mikasa, with pleading eyes. Begging her to play along.

Eren began to get nervous. He always did whenever his father was mentioned. Although he tried to hide it, Mikasa, Armin and Zeke always knew. Eren began squeezing the skin inbetween his thumb and his index absentmindedly. The slight pain calming him ever so slightly.

Armin noticed his coping mechanism. But didn't say anything. He just laid his hand on the brunettes arm, gently prying his attacking hand away. Armin knew better than to disturb somebody's coping mechanism. He was a psychology student after all.

"Eren, I know you don't want to see him," Mikasa said, "But you're required to visit at least once every two years."

( This isn't true at all, but For the sake of the story-)