1 - 6

Mashiho 

"I honestly just think we should stop trying," Jihoon declares, his confident voice echoing through the spaces of the building as we make our way to our practice room after having gone home and changed after Inkigayo earlier today. "It doesn't matter how good our performances are, this comeback has flopped. So I reckon we just stop trying. Or even better, we try to be bad. If we give a terrible performance it'll draw more attention than one that's good and blends in with the others, right?"

"Jihoon, you're a leader. Aren't you supposed to be giving us pep talks rather than speeches on how we should give up?" Haruto asks, smirking.

Jihoon goes silent for a second, the only sound being our scattered footsteps on the pristine white floor and a faint noise of our new song growing closer as we continue to walk; the other dorm must be here already. I look up at Jihoon and laugh at his wide eyes.

"We can do it guys!" he cheers suddenly, jumping up and down in a circle. "We're unstoppable! Treasure forever wooooo!"

"Woooo!" we chorus back, laughing.

Although I still feel sad about the comeback, I'm feeling much better today than I was the past couple of days. Everyone trying to cheer each other up has culminated in this warm and supportive energy.

Next to me, Asahi is frowning down at his phone.

"What is it?" I ask, nudging him.

"Jaehyuk just texted saying they're going to be a little late to practice. Aren't they already in there?" He nods in the direction of the door to our practice room that we're only a few seconds away from— the song can now be clearly heard.

Unable to think of an explanation, I stay silent and pick up the pace to get to the door faster. I swing it open to find Hyunsuk right in front of the mirror, Junkyu a fair distance behind him, and no one else here.

Hyunsuk notices us straight away, smiling and waving, chest rising and falling rapidly and sweat dripping down his face. They must have been here for a long time. Junkyu stumbles over to the laptop set up in the corner and shuts the music off before flopping down on a bench, looking exhausted. We all stand in the doorway for a few seconds, waiting for either of them to give an explanation, but neither offers one. Haruto, Asahi and Doyoung go to put their bags down and start stretching while I follow Jihoon and Yoshi to where Hyunsuk has sat down in the opposite corner of the room to Junkyu.

"What were you two doing here?" Jihoon asks, sitting down cross-legged in front of Hyunsuk.

"Junkyu wanted me to go over the dance with him, since he struggled on Inkigayo today," Hyunsuk says very quietly, still breathing heavily. "I don't think there was much point. He knows it backwards, he's just psyched himself out about it."

"Why do you think he has?" Yoshi asks, leaning against the wall.

"I thought he seemed like one of the most relaxed yesterday with the comeback drama," Jihoon says.

"Yeah, me too, but I think he's really stressed. It's like he thinks it's his fault, which is ridiculous. He keeps saying he's bringing the group down and that he's the worst dancer," Hyunsuk's voice has dropped to a whisper.

I glance over to see if Junkyu's watching us, but his face is buried in his phone and the other three are talking loudly right next to him.

"That's stupid, of course he's not!" I whisper in outrage.

Hyunsuk sighs. "I know. Maybe you should go tell him that. He'd probably listen to you."

I'm not sure what exactly he means by that, I'd think he would listen to Hyunsuk before anyone. But I do want to go tell him how ridiculous it is that he thinks so lowly of himself... so I go over there.