5 - 7

Mashiho

Months after our comeback, although the hype surrounding Treasure didn't die down, my energy and excitement levels certainly did. Now, on Christmas Eve, I'm looking out the window of our bedroom feeling drained. It's been so busy lately, and although I'm grateful for it, the last thing I feel like doing is performing on SBS Gayo Daejeon tomorrow.

There's something beautiful and romantic about being sad on the night of Christmas Eve. It's a night that's supposed to be filled with magic and anticipation, and although I'm sure there are other people in the world feeling less than merry at this moment, the Christmas culture makes me feel like I'm the only one. As the snow shimmers and dances to the ground in the night, everyone is happy except for me.

While I sit moping at the window, I hear the door creak open behind me. Junkyu's working on some stuff at the agency tonight, so it's probably Asahi or Jihoon or someone else. I don't look behind me, I just keep gazing at the melancholy, spiralling snow.

"Well isn't this a depressing sight."

So much for being beautifully and romantically sad; I can't stop the huge smile that breaks onto my face at the unexpected sound of his voice.

I stand up, turn around, and come face to face with Junkyu. His nose and cheeks are rosy from the cold and he's all bundled up in a big coat, covered in half melted snow.

I cup his face in my hands and gasp. "Your cheeks are freezing!" I stand on my tiptoes to plant a kiss on his freezing cold lips.

"Your hands are so warm!" he says with a chuckle. "Anyway, wanna come on a date with me?"

I actually take a step back out of surprise. "Do I... what? Junkyu, we're K-pop idols. We can't go on dates."

He grins his cheeky dimpled grin and his eyes twinkle mischievously. "We can if people don't know it's a date. Jaehyuk and Asahi are coming with us, so it's a double date, but if anyone catches photos of us it'll just look like four Treasure members hanging out on Christmas Eve. What's wrong with that?"

I'm a little unsure, but the concept that Junkyu is literally asking me out right now is too adorable to decline. "I feel like I'm way too excited that I've just been asked out by my own boyfriend."

He giggles and kisses me on the cheek. "Go on them, put on some warm clothes and let's get going!"

He sits on the bed as I get dressed, peering out the window at the snow just like I was a few moments ago, but he doesn't look sad or tired or anything, despite having worked a long day after most of us went home. His face is peaceful, joyful, perfect.

"So what's the plan?" I ask as I fish around my drawer for a beanie.

"Jaehyuk said we can go get some nice Christmas themed drinks from a cafe, and I know there's a beautiful lights display close to there that we can look at."

I put on my mask as a finishing touch, then turn to face him to let him know I'm ready to go. "Sounds perfect."

He takes my hand and leads me out of the room. Asahi and Jaehyuk are waiting by the door and Hyunsuk and Jihoon are both on their phones on the couch.

"Bye kids, we're going out," Junkyu calls to Hyunsuk and Jihoon.

"We're literally older than you so shut up," Jihoon replies without looking up from his phone.

"Have fun." Hyunsuk smiles.

"Oh wait, I think we're forgetting something," Junkyu says with way too much expression. Then he points up at the ceiling. There's mistletoe above us. "Oh my! How on earth did that get there? Shocking!"