4 - 11

Junkyu

My hangover only lasted one day, thank God, so the day after I'm able to go to work. We start off the day by practising Loud, since we made a couple of mistakes at the concert and need to get it perfect before the music video filming at the end of the week.

Mashiho's not here. According to Jihoon, he said he would come later, but Jihoon didn't look convinced and neither am I. I haven't spoken to him since our brief messages yesterday, despite Hyunsuk insisting I slept in their dorm again. I took Hyunsuk's top bunk, this time, though. The least I can do is let him have his own bed.

Surprised is an understatement to what I feel when the door to our practice room swings open just as we're about to start the song again and Mashiho stands there, staring straight at me with a look in his eyes I've never seen before. His hair is messy, he's wearing an oversized plain black t-shirt he wears to bed every now and then and flatter shoes than usual, making him look especially small. He put no effort into his appearance at all today, which is just another thing that's very unlike him. And yet, he still manages to look beautiful.

I stare back at him, slightly afraid of this unfamiliar look and the sudden shift in the air that occurred when he entered. "Mashi, wh-"

"I figured out what I want," he cuts me off, speaking clearly and firmly and in a way that makes my heart rate triple in speed.

Then he makes a beeline towards me, purpose in every step, and I scramble forwards, away from the other members, who have gone dead silent, to meet him halfway. He steps even closer to me until we're almost touching, gazing up at me. And then his expression changes into something I do recognise, but it only scares me more. This is what he looked like right before he leaned in to kiss me that night.

I don't think I'm breathing. "Wh-what's that?"

Then his face softens, a gentle smile playing on his lips that's so beautiful I want to frame it and keep it forever, a smile that is perfectly Mashiho, the Mashiho I know, before he says, very softly; "I want you."

And then he kisses me.

This time, we don't jump away the moment our lips touch.

I'm in such shock that it takes me a second to kiss him back, but as soon as I do, I kiss him with everything I've got. He drapes his arms over my shoulders and I wrap mine around his waist, pulling him into me. I savour the taste of him, the softness of his lips, the feeling of his body against mine, the experience of being with him in this way. I breathe him in, and something inside me slots into place, like I've had a part of me missing my whole life and I've only just found it. Our kiss isn't hard or aggressive, it's soft and gentle and beautiful... but passionate. His hands move up into my hair, and I slide one of my hands up to his shoulders, and we continue to pull each other in because even though there is no space between us, we still want to be closer. We are fire, earth, water and air. We are all the colours in the rainbow. We are unstoppable, untouchable, a different entity. And it's all I ever could have dreamed of and more.

I completely forget we're in the middle of our practice room with the other ten members right there until I hear Junghwan's voice; "Yay!"

As Mashiho and I break away from each other, cheeks flushed and out of breath, the others laugh at Junghwan before starting a round of clapping and cheering. I stand frozen for a few moments, in disbelief that I just kissed Mashiho... and not just that, I kissed Mashiho in front of everyone.

Well now I'm embarrassed.

Mashiho's cheeks are getting redder and redder, so I know he's experiencing something similar, but he's smiling too, and giving me this look like can you believe we just did that? And I laugh because no, I can't.

Instead of standing here looking embarrassed, I decide to make the most of the situation because what the hell, I just kissed freaking Mashiho! I turn to the other members, relieved that none of them look disgusted or horrified but all of them are beaming and still clapping and cheering. I take a deep bow, blowing kisses to them like they're an adoring crowd, until Mashiho says "oh, stop it!", grabs me by the arm and whisks me out of the room.

"Oh my God, Hyunsuk, are you crying?" I hear Haruto ask as we hurry away.

Mashiho takes me into an empty vocal practice room and shuts the door behind us, his whole face lit up with my favourite smile ever and his eyes twinkling.

I laugh again, still in shock. "Do you think we'll ever have a kiss that poor Junghwan doesn't see?" I ask breathlessly, my cheeks hurting from how wide my own smile is.

In response, he kisses me again.