7 || Day 7/10

7th of November, 2002.

Violet laid on her bed. 

It was a grey day, lonely too. 

nobody dared speak to her after the former days events.

She snapped at everyone, which she'd already been doing, but now it was different.

She wouldn't eat at meal times, which upset everyone, but especially five.

"Violet." Five said, he shut the door behind him, and she sighed. 

"what." She said, her tone annoyed, snappy. 

He looked at her, and she stared back.

She seemed empty, soulless.

"...I know what you've been doing, okay? We all do, and... Violet it's killing me." five said, and Violet rolled her eyes. 

"stop it five." she said, and he just stared.

"I can't violet, I really.... I really can't."  he said, and she stood up, pushing him. 

"I don't want to hear it, okay?" she said, rolling her eyes. 

"You know what I'm saying, then?" He said, and she sighed, tears in her eyes.

"I...I know everything, five." She said, sighing softly.

"...You know that I... I love you, then?" He said, palms sweaty, breathing quickly, he couldn't believe he admitted that. 

"...I... I do, and.... I need time, okay?" She said, and he froze.

Time, of course. 

They just didn't have enough of it. 

17th of November, 2002. 

These days violet felt more like a mirage than ever before, and she had nobody to talk to it about it, five said he'd always be there, how was she suppose to know that he lied, hell, how was he supposed to know? 

what he did was impulse, at least that what she assumed. She loved him, she didn't know if she even told him. 

She was downstairs in the kitchen, so very hungry.

so she opened the fridge.

she took some random foods,

and ate them,

and kept eating, 

she just... 

didn't stop.

Ben came in, and stared.

"Violet?" he said.

the girl had food covering her face.

What a low moment. 

7th of November, 2002.

"Vi?" Klaus shook the girl awake

"Klaus? what the-" he cut her off "someones in the house."

"whatever you're on right now is just making you think that." she shook her head, until she heard clattering.

"what?" Klaus yanked her up and forced her out of her bedroom, they hid around corners, until they got to a room they'd never seen inside of, their fathers "he'll just tell us to deal with it ourselves, 'you're the ones with powers Number 8!'" she imitated her father, when he opened the door "yes, you are. Go deal with whatever this is for, now!" Reginald demanded.

Violet laughed "see! we should let them rob the house!" Violet turned around to see Klaus gone, and somebody else in their place,

"Diego? its 3am, quit playing with those" The guy was holding up knives, so it wasn't out of reason to assume .

"Vi? why'd you say my name?" Diego came out from his room, behind the guy ,"wait, so who the hell is that?" 

The guy lunged for Violet but she jumped over the railing, it hurt her leg when she landed, but it didn't matter, she ran to the rooms that were downstairs, only her, Diego, Five and Klaus were upstairs with their father .

"wake up wake up wake up wake up!" she shouted at Luthers door "Violet its 3am, go to bed." he went to close the door ,

"nope! someones in house with a knife, I left Diego with him upstairs, he'll probably get all the glory." she said, she knew how to manipulate her brothers at least.

Luthers eyes widened and he ran to go try to get himself said glory, of course, that was all that mattered to these boys.

Being the best.

"Vi? what's wrong?" Vanya Called out, she was a light sleeper and heard the knocking.

"intruder, go back to bed Vanya." Vanya nodded .

"okay, tell me when its safe." Vanya turned, and went back into her room, closing the door. Violet felt bad occasionally, that they always had to leave her out, but she was also envious of Vanya, in a way.

"if they come for you hit them with a pillow!" Violet called out as Vanya went back into her room, Ben and Allison came out of their rooms, in sync, 

"I was so loud and it took you like 5 minutes still! come on" they shrugged and followed her upstairs, where the man was fighting both Diego and Luther.

They were winning.

Violet rushed over to try and help, but really, what could she do?

17th of November, 2002.

"I can't stay, Vi, I have a ball to attend." Melanie said, she was playing with a feather boa for the last sentence, causing them both to giggle,

"seriously! My parents think I'll find the man of my dreams there, when honestly..." she looked out the door as Diego walked by,

"I think I could find the man of my dreams here." she laughed whilst biting her lip, and Violet frowned in a playful way,

"another Hargreeves? How immature" they giggled, when pogo came in,

"Mr Hargreeves has asked that Miss Melanie would leave, now." Melanie nodded,

"Bye Violet, I'll send you pictures of my dress!" she picked up her pink bag and left, Violets smile started to fade once she was completely gone, who would've thought her worst enemy would become her best friend. 

7th of November, 2002, 5:50am.

The bell rang for breakfast.

Violet didn't go, something she'd never dared to do, her father would be too mad.

Yet, for some reason, today he was understanding.

At the table, five spoke daringly over the morning TV.

"Does nobody else here find it odd that Violet won't eat?" He says, and Reginald stares at him, a stare worth a million words.

"Number 5, you're supposed to be quiet." Reginald said, staring daggers at the young boy.

"....Sorry, then." Five said, as he sighed, and turned his face downwards, staring at his food.

He didn't know a lot about Violet's 'condition,' as grace, reginald and pogo had called it, but as he got older and older, it started to make more sense. 

What is it called when somebody won't eat? 

He'd find out.

He'd research it all,

and before he decided to leave,

he would make it all better.

He had too.

He loved her.

Properly.

17th of November, 2002.

Violet looked at her clock, it was 3:32pm, and she was officially bored.

She decided something, whether it was impulse or not, she decided it.

She decided she would go through time and search for five.

Tomorrow though, because today she needed to figure out if she could even time travel.

A/N: ah yes, the beginning of the end. I plan to release the final chapter by the end of this month, and I want to do a sequel based off of season one of TUA, should I? 

A/N 03/05/24: another edit, and this chapter has also been slimmed down a bit.
I kept a lot of the original dialogue and stuff here, which I think is cool. 

hearts all da love <3