2 || Day 2/10

{Flashback} 2nd of November, 2002, The Umbrella Academy.

"Five!" the 14 year old girl called from the foyer, completely ignoring Violet. 

"Nice to see you too Melanie." Violet remarked closing the door.

"oh hey Melanie!" Allison said, Melanie rolled her eyes and pushed her, causing her to fall down the stairs. 

"Shit, Ali are you okay?" Violet asked, running over to her sister.

Allison always had some sort of thing where she was desperate to be liked by everybody, including the wicked bitch of the east coast, Melanie. 

Five came out of his room and looked at his girlfriend, completely invested in her, not even paying attention to anything else. Melanie and Five met during a mission at a local grocery store, he asked for her number and well, here we are. 

"Hey gorgeous." he said, planting his lips on Melanie's cheek.

Violet was visibly annoyed, she shook her head and stormed into Ben's room, her footsteps heavy. 

"My god I hate him! but I don't, because he's my friend and all, but like, I do."

Ben laughed "who? Diego, Klaus, Five?" Violet pointed at him "the last one! He's so oblivious to how Melanie treats us!"

Ben just grabbed his sisters finger "Calm down princess."  He said, rolling his eyes at her. 

Violet took a deep breath in, when her annoying best friend walked into the doorway. 

Melanie and I are going to griddy's, want anything?" Ben gestured for Violet to talk to him "Uh, yeah a hot chocolate, also when you get back, we need to talk."

He just rolled his eyes,"whatever."

Ben burst out laughing as soon as he left "And he's meant to be your best friend!"

Ben laughed more and more, until five came back "oh and uh ben?" He said, ben nodded "she
is my best friend."

Then Violet started laughing "You have got to learn to be quiet."

Across the house, a few hours later, a very different scenario took place.

Allison knocked on her smaller sisters door, she opened it, Violin bow in hand. "

Yes?" Vanya asked, not opening the door completely, hiding something "You will never believe what Melanie did today! Did you hear a thump around 2 hours ago? Because that was me hitting the floor after I-"

Allison went to walk in, but Vanya pushed the door against her "I'm busy!" Vanya burst out, whoever was with her was laughing, quietly, but loud enough to hear.

"Vanya, you gonna tell me who's there?" Vanya sighed, as she opened the door to reveal Ben, his lips were swollen, and it only took Allison a few seconds to realise. 

"I did not expect that, um, good job?" and she scurried away awkwardly.

Violet heard Five come in the front door, She didn't like confrontation, never did, despite her outgoing nature, arguments and that sort weren't her thing. 

So she walked into her bedroom and tried to hide, Five obviously found her, she was just in her closet.

He gave her the hot chocolate she asked for, and Violet took a sip, he just sighed "what?" He asked.

She wouldnt meet his eye "I don't like Melanie, she hates us, and..." 

"and?" Five asked, his patience wearing thin. 

" and her hatred is uh, physical." She made herself invisible so five wouldn't see her, maybe he'd forget what she said.

"Princess-" he chuckled "I know she's a bit of a bully, okay? But I just like feeling loved." She kept herself invisible for this next sentence, as it would embarrass her 

"Well I mean, we all love you, you know, we're your family." She said, it wasn't very often any of them spoke of their feelings, they had been trained not too.

And with that he stared at the girls shadow, which was where he assumed her to be "It's just not the same, you know it as well as I do."

Violet turned herself visible "I just don't like the way she treats you, nobody here does. You don't need romance, Five."

She went to leave the closet, but five grabbed her, "I wish I didn't but... It's so intoxicating, I guess."

Violet grabbed his hands, "Break up with her, please." She looked into his eyes, he just looked down, no words left to say, and left.

She leant back into her closet wall and sat down, she didn't feel like moving yet.

Present Day, 12th of November, 2002.

"Okay, so can you tell us what you said to him before he left" Violet  could tell them, but she didn't want to, nobody needed to know besides Five. "I just told him not to do it, but well he did anyway." The detective just sighed "Useless! he clearly time travelled, your father is crazy or something" Violet laughed "yeah well, he did adopt eight children with superpowers." the detective chuckled and left. Violet sat in the chair she had been sitting in the last hour, memories spinning in her head. One of the memories being  The time she discovered her most recent power, it had been after their whole closet conversation.

2nd of November, 2002.

"oh, you're still in here?" Five jumped into the closet, and asked that question, Violet looked up at him "didn't bother leaving.", he nodded and sat at the other end, and they just looked at each other 

"...Where'd you go?" Violet asked, her voice soft as she spoke.

"....To see her." Five responded, quite hesitantly.

"okay." Violet said, the air was thick with both tension and awkwardness.

"I told her we were done, because at the end of the day, you were right." He said.

and they were engulfed in another silence, then violet started playing around with her telekinesis, all of a sudden It turned to water, and she was spraying it everywhere

"Violet!" Five exclaimed, having water sprayed on him

"sorry! sorry!" when it turned to heat, warming him up and drying him "what the hell?" Violet muttered, confused by herself.  

"have you ever done that before? because no offense but you don't really seem like a professional."  Five asked, staring over at her in shock. 

Violet stared at her hands, a look of confusion painted on her face.

"Huh, come on" Five found himself being dragged by his friend to the fifth floor of the academy, nobody really went there. 

"why are we up here?" he asked "so if I flood the academy dad'll think it was a leak' Violet said, looking ahead as she sought to practise this new power. 

"Violet you don't have to practise it" Five said, his face twisted with confusion, shock, and a bit of worry.

She shook her head "yes I do, otherwise I have no worth here."

23rd of April, 2019, somewhere in New York 

Five walked around what used to be a beautiful, bustling city, looking at the remains of several buildings.

For now he stayed in someones bunker, which was stocked with endless food, but not so endless water.

So right now he was looking for a bottle of water in a run down super market, but he wasn't having much luck.

He sighed and hit the shelf, causing it to shake and become unbalanced "God, what even happened here? Is the rest of the world like this?" he asked, praying someone was around to hear him.

Nobody was there, he wished violet was with him, she after all couldn't of been doing very well.

He walked around what was once a busy shop, and spotted a collapsed shelf, underneath he found 4 packs of water bottles, at least 20 bottles a pack.

Which he packed into the shopping cart  he found at the front of the store.

He found some instant noodles not due to go out of date until 2030, so he would probably use them as a treat or snack, as he couldn't boil them.

He shook his head, he wouldn't go back anytime soon, and he knew it, he had to prove a point to his father.

He found some new clothes, and deodorant, which was good because it was hot, and he stunk.

He packed it into the trolley and left $2 on the counter, because he felt bad not paying, even though everyone was dead, and left back to his base. 

A/N, circa 2020: yeah ik I can't write to save my life but uh its 4am and I'm very very energetic but tired lol 

A/N, 03/05/24: Another edited chapter, I encourage you to keep reading because I'm changing a lot of the story.