4|| Day 4/10

14th of November, 2002, sh and su1cide warning
Violet looked yet again in the mirror, tracing her cuts with her finger, and wondering what would happen if next time she went deeper, would it kill her? 

would she leave the world behind, her family and friends behind, if one time she cut a bit too deep?

What would happen then? 

4th of November, 2002.

"hey, vi." five said, walking into her room, and she looked up, and then back down.

"five." she said, as the boy rolled his eyes.

"we haven't talked since yesterday, and that's not a lot but... I'm worried, okay? I know I said I wasn't and I know I act like an asshole, but-" five was cut off, by Violet storming out of her own room, as I've mentioned, Violet hates when people worry.

She walked and walked, until she found her way to a room nobody seemed to use. 

She sat on the floor of the room, she found solace in being alone sometimes. 

A room that could've been full of love many years ago,

a room that could've been a nursery or a library or something beautiful,

was now dusty, empty, and worn-down.

Violet was quite romantic, in the way she found a lot of life to be romantic, or beautiful.

Places were her favourite, she often liked to think that just because humans forget, doesn't mean places do. 

Places can't forget the love they fostered, or the hatred, she theorised.

but again, she was only 13.

She had just found herself calming down, feeling happier than she had in days, when she heard footsteps coming down the hall, it was five, who found her again.

"...violet, I know you won't talk about it, but... just, meet us in the basement, okay? We... We all did something nice down there, just trying to cheer you up, or whatever." five said, looking down at the girl, who was tall and thin for her age, who right now was actively trying to make herself smaller.

In two ways.

She had her knees tucked into her chest, and she looked up at five.

"There's just nothing to talk about five, okay?" she said, and the ever-doubtful five, well, he just nodded. 

What else could he do?

you can't help someone who won't accept it.

Half an hour or so later, she made her way into the basement. It was dark and cold.

"five?" she called out, he wasn't anywhere to be seen. 

"hey! You came." He said, taking her arm into his hand, as he dragged her through the confusing basement tunnels.

"um? where are we going?" she asked, as they walked rather fast.

"you'll see." he said, as the kept walking,

and walking,

and walking.

They eventually reached a hallway with a door at the end.

They stopped in front of the door.

"um, I know you don't like your room much, it's too.... colourful, hurts the eyes, you've said. I mean, neon purple shouldn't even be a colour but hey, that's what colour your walls are." He said, trying to crack a joke, and she sighed, rolling her eyes.