21

Sim Jaeyun flipped the pages of the diary after finding how she didn't finish writing the last page. There was nothing else written in remaining last few pages of the book, her last diary entry left off incomplete.

He heaved a heavy sigh, wiping his tears roughly with the back of his hand.

"I'm sorry I failed to love you the way you wanted me to," He bit his lip, looking at the photograph in front of him. A photograph of her smiling right at him so brightly, looking so pretty.

And seeing her smile made him cry once again, "I'm so sorry for everything, I hurted you a lot unknowingly. You must have been suffering so much, I couldn't even see the sadness in your eyes.." He cried, and cried his heart out in front of her grave.

It was too late to realise, it was too late to fix things. And now Jaeyun had a lost a precious part of his soul, her.

Someone who was always there for him no matter what, who always loved him from afar.
Someone he failed to appreciate enough, he failed to make her feel important in his life.

He still remembered her last words to him vividly, 'Don't feel sorry for me, nothing was ever your fault.' Earlier, he was confused but now after reading her diary she wrote to him, it all made sense.

Clutching her diary close to his chest, he stood up, "I will never forget you. I will always keep you, and our memories close to me. No one can ever take the place you had in my heart. I'm sorry I'm late, but, you were the best part of my those 6 years."