𝒪𝓃𝑒 - 𝒥𝑒𝓇𝓇𝓎𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒪𝒻 𝒲𝑜𝓇𝒹𝓈 𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝒯𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓈

Maudes P.O.V
2007
"OH MY FUCK, IM PRESSING THE FUCKING BUTTON, TURN ONNNN" I screamed at the
telly as if it was listening to me with ears wide open. I threw the remote across the sitting room almost hitting my roommate, Mallory as she walked threw the heavy wooden door into our flat. "Maude, Jesus Christ can you be calm for once in your life!" She hissed at me "no, thank you" I shot back. She smiled and I was glad I could joke around like that with her, even if she took it to far sometimes.

"What's in the bag you git?" Her lips pressed together to hold back a smile "..what?" I sighed "well...I mean I was gonna throw a-" "No, No absolutely not no party's" I interrupted. "Please Maude I won't be messy and I want to see Matt plus he said he would bring the rest of the monkeys" she begged me with her blue puppy dog eyes, not like I gave a fuck if the monkeys were gonna be there, I mean I liked the music but its not as good as everyone hypes it up to be, plus drinking and monkeys don't mix haven't we learned that from the Brit Awards.

"Fine" I snarled reluctantly "but, the second something breaks everyone's gone." "Thank you, thank you, thank you, but there is one more thing I need from you..." oh god what now. "I wanna dress you up to make you look semi-presentable" she shrugged messing with my wild dark brown curls. "What's that supposed to mean," I said pressing my eyebrows together. "It just means your...unique style isn't known for...getting you laid" she stepping away knowing I was powder keg about to explode "I don't need to dress like a hooker to get laid thank you very much" I spat at her storming back to my bedroom in protest.

"They'll be here in an hour" she shouted through the door. An hour what the fuck was I supposed to do with an hour I was still in my Danger Mouse pyjama pants and a white tank top. I had no clue what I was gonna wear so I did what I always did, scrolled through Pinterest to find something, ended up getting jealous of all the fit girls and decided on high wasted mom jeans and a navy blue cable knit jumper with a white turtle neck under it. The thing I hated most about parties was having to wear shoes in my god damn house. I walked out of my bedroom so I could get my black Mary Janes that I've had since I was a mousy teen in the 90s, but then I saw Mallory and I felt like a fucking idiot she was wearing a tight silver dress that fit all the curves of her body and hot pink stilettos and there I was with my baggy jeans that barely even touched my non-existent ass. Then, there was a knock on the door, I jumped back not expecting it. It managed to sound soft yet demanding at the same time as if to say.

I'm watinggg...but take your time

My stomach turned over should I change, shit I didn't have time I locked my door from the outside so that no one could get in and make out on my bed.

"Hello Luv," Matt said as Mallory opened the door at him, I could just see the look in her eyes, Mallory was head over heels for this bloke, and his stupid poofy Afro. I walked the rest of the lads while Mallory and Matt stood there practically sucking face. Nick and Jamie sat on the couch making themselves at home but Alex just stood there with his hands linked together bouncing from his heal to his toe looking uncomfortable to be in a new place, his hair hung down on his forehead and the collar of his polo was painfully uneven. We made eye contact and I gave him a weak awkward smile, I looked to Mallory for help while he looked to Matt for what I'm assuming to be the same reason, but they were still kissing, "Jesus why don't you just fuck in front of everyone!" I hissed rolling my eyes. I meant to say that in my head but quickly realized I hadn't when all the eyes turned to me, "I mean...when is the rest of the party getting here" Mallory narrowed her eyes at me as to say

Grow the fuck up

But instead, she said "Oh right, sorry I shouldn't have called it a party its more a hangout," she said looking at her shoes as if she could feel the blood boiling inside of me, but I wasn't gonna explode in front of 3 people I had never met, since Matt had seen me angry plenty of times "oh, alright," I said with a wide grin "then why are you wearing that fucking dress" I mumbled only loud enough for Alex to hear me, he looked at me with his lips pressed together stifling his laughter. "Music anyone?" Jamie questioned genuinely with innocent glowing eyes. "Yeah okay, the speaker's name is-" "Shawty Speaker" I interrupted Mallory once again she glared at me "you renamed it?" She questioned "yeah well 872-Hsi8 doesn't roll off the tongue" I sassed back "..and shawty speaker does?" Dared the one called Nick, I already liked him, he was witty and quick. But I was more interested in Alex, he was quiet and I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking of as he looked at the painting on the wall instead of her eyes when Mallory was talking to him.