𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 - 𝑅𝑒𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻 𝒴𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒

Alex's P.O.V

I had all the symptoms, I was speaking in rhyme, I was crying candy hearts, and my teeth ached from the sweetness of her kiss, There was no denying it, I was lovesick. I can't sleep at night and when I try shes all I dream about, she fills every space in my brain and I'm sure the boys are getting tired of my constant rambling but I can't help it.

I always think of something to say but all that comes out is "did I tell you about how Maude..." She probably....not probably definitely didn't talk about me like I talked about her, I know that despite the way she looked at me, she still thought I was just gonna use her, probably for song purposes or summat like that. I'm not gonna lie, she was helping the writer's block I'd been having but it wasn't like that at all, I knew I had done it in the past because those numbers the entirety of Britain can't get over...well they meant nothing to me. 505. It wasn't anything significant to me, they were numbers. 521. Now those numbers, those meant everything to me, they were what consumed my dreams...and my nightmares.

I hated her being there, in my nightmares I mean, she was always telling me how much she hated me and how she wished she never met me. The thing that scared me most is that it had happened with other girls...many other girls.

I'm such an arse when I'm drunk so when she told me I passed out a wave of relief passed through my body, I knew that if she had not wanted to kiss me when I was pissed that night, I probably would have said something to shatter her heart into a million pieces, and that's what's scared me most about this girl, she was already hurt, deepening that cut would send her right over the edge...and I knew I could.

Mallory's P.O.V

"Maude get up we're going to the store!" I screamed from my room down the hall "WE?! WHO THE FUCK IS WE? IM NOT LEAVING MY ROOM TODAY" she shouted back "yes you are, and you're going to take those cups out of here because we only have two in the cupboard" I replied softly opening her door to find her hanging off the edge of her bed doing a crossword "how do you spell conundrum" she looked at me upside down " N-E-R-D that's how" I grinned back at her "whatever I'll be over here broadening my vocabulary, you can stick with your lol's and your omg's" she shot at me with a smile that looked a frown due to the angle of her head "I will thank you very much" I remarked at her as she shot up and the colour came back to her face.

If it weren't for Maude I would probably be a woman of the night, shagging random blokes for a few bucks, doesn't sound too bad to me. Maude and I met in year 10 (freshman year) I had already lost my virginity by then, granted I shouldn't have, but I did and it wasn't like I could go back. I was the stupid one in the group, Maude was 21, a host on Popworld (and basically anything channel 4) and still did part-time uni.

I'm not sure how she managed to do it all she was the hardest worker I'd ever met. All while I was 22, I had only done a few modelling gigs but I had a ton of followers on my space so that's all I had really, of course being internet famous had its perks like meeting Matt.

Right, Matt lets talk about that instead. Matt is the world to me, the whole world without him I would still be with Charlie Cheater, that's the name Maude and I came up with, this guy Charlie would fight with me and then kiss slags right in front of my face while he gave me side-eye, because he knew the power he had over me, he knew I wouldn't leave, but I did thanks to Matt. I met Matt and we became amazing friends Matt told me that I shouldn't let him do this to me and all that soppy stuff, but I knew Matt was right, so I did, I left him, and I'm glad I did.

"Right then, are we leaving or what?" I heard a grainy voice come from behind me "I knew you would come" I smiled back at her. "Don't ever assume anything about me, I'll break your heart Mallory?" she said taking the piss, something she did quite often but didn't bother me cause I was the same way.

"What are you getting out of this, I know there's something" I tilted my head in a demeaning way that I knew she hated "1) stop looking at me like I'm a shelter dog 2) I know you like to shop in Sheffield, so I texted Al-" "Al? You're calling him Al now?! Just the other day you couldn't stand him now you can't even be arsed to say his full name?!" I interrupted causing her to purse her lips at me and cock her eyebrows at my remarks "look, I don't suspect it'll go too far but it's worth a try, aren't you happy for me?"

Something in her face changed when she asked me, she was letting her guard down to me after five fucking years she was letting me in, thank you, Alex Turner! "Of course I am Maude why wouldn't I be, I just don't want you to get hurt and honestly I don't think Alex or Al as he is to you, would hurt you alright, so don't go into this with all your walls up but don't let it all down either, I love you and I don't wanna see you hurt," I said softly "whatever mom" she snapped back, there was my Maude, but I couldn't let her brush what I said off so I grabbed her wrist as we walked out the door "babes, I'm not joking," I said sternly "I know Mal I'm sorry, but when have I ever been the type to let all my emotions spill out" she gave that demeaning look that I had given earlier "yeah, yeah, I'll back off," I said throwing my hands in the air "off we go then?" She smiled at me "off we go!" I said doing her job and taking the piss.