𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒 - 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝑀𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒢𝑒𝓉 𝒰𝓅 𝒟𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒

[song goes with the chapter 💕]
Maude's P.O.V

Fuck I am not in the mood to talk to him right now, not to mention he's been gawking at me all night, I'm not gonna act like the look he gives me doesn't make my stomach do somersaults but he's Alex Turner and I'm just some struggling actress from fucking Rotherham of all places.

I sat down on my bed sighing and Alex stood there by the door humming the song playing from the speaker outside, it was barely audible but he knew every part (who didn't). I began to whisper sing the lyrics causing him to look my way, he burst out into full song, grandpa dance moves and everything.

It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss

Alex sang at me shaking his fist at the air in a woe is me type way, I stood up on my bed as he tossed me my hairbrush to sing into.

Now I'm falling asleep and she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke and she's taking a drag

Alex jumped onto my bed getting so caught up in the moment that he fell into me causing us to fall over onto my bed his big brown eyes stared into me as he whisper sang

Chest now, he takes off her dress now

I rolled out from under him not being able to lay there a second longer without kissing him right then and there, but I couldn't possibly do that because I told myself I wasn't gonna let people like him in anymore, call it daddy issues or whatever you want to call it but I can't, I just can't. He looked over to me a smile spread across his face he scooted closer to me making the side of the bed sink down a little lower.

"So, do you have a last name miss Maude" he interrogated raising his right eyebrow ever so slightly, god they were so even "Yes, where do you get your eyebrows done?" I said a little bit to fast. "I don't" he shot back somehow faster, "so...are you gonna tell me your last name or am I just supposed to call you "Maude insert the last name here" at our wedding" He smirked, smooth turner, real smooth but two can play at that game "No, you'd call me "Maude Turner" obviously" I smirked even harder. "Hmmm I like it"

He put his hand under my chin looking up at me with those spiral eyes, he closed his eyes leaning in when..."Hey, you in there Al, the boys and I are heading back to Sheffield, Rotherham is depressing" it sounded like Nick "Gee, thanks so much" he wasn't wrong but I needed to defend my hometown. Alex looked back at me reading my face which was no use because all it said was its not like Sheffield is so much better "do you want me to go" he questioned, no of course not I wanted him to stay here forever but all I said was "up to you mate" I didn't have enough alcohol in my system to say a full yes plus hinting at it seemed less clingy and generally creepy. "I think I'm gonna stay a bit mate, but could you uhh unlock the door" shit I had forgotten we were even stuck in here. The lock twisted and the door opened, as Nick and Jamie left I saw Jamie mouth to Alex "have fun" those blue eyes were fooling, he wasn't innocent in the slightest.

Alex popped up from my bed and stood in front of me rubbing his neck with the back of his hand "so..do you want a drink" I finally broke the silence "Is that even a question" he shot back following me out the door. I checked the clock damn, it was 2 in the morning judging by the fact that no one was in the living room I assumed Mallory and Matt were in her room sleeping...or not. Alex went to grab to beers but I put my hand over his stopping him as I grabbed the vodka, I knew it wasn't a good idea but neither was him staying as long as he had, I was in too deep and I just couldn't stop my self. He smirked at me grabbing 2 shot glasses off of the countertop.

5 shots in and we were both to light to have drunk even that much but I suggested we keep going, "No we cant we should just talk" he slurred, he was right but I didn't want to talk to him about anything if I was gonna remember it in the morning so I took one last swig from the bottle and ran to the couch falling over the back of it onto the cushions below. "You're a fucking mess" he chuckled, I just shrugged because I was too caught up in listening to the way his laugh rung through my ears, it was beautiful he was beautiful. He lifted my legs so he could sit down and then plopped them back on his lap. For awhile we just stared at each other not thinking of much other than how good he looked in the dark with the only light being from the Telly screen which Matt had somehow got to work. Alex leaned down to kiss me but instead his head sunk and he just laid there with his head on my chest he looked so peaceful, then I realized he had fallen asleep. I didn't want him to sleep on the couch, partly because I didn't want him to be alone and confused in the morning, and partly because I wanted to lay next to him but that part I could never admit to him or even worse myself.

I got up and placed my arms softly under his back. He was like a twig he was the easiest thing I think I've ever carried. I placed him ever so gently into my bed and wrapped him in my covers. I began getting changed since I knew he wasn't waking up anytime soon, as I lifted my shirt off I figured it best to take a shower first so I gathered a pair of pyjamas and tiptoed into the bathroom trying not to wake any of the three drunk gits passed out all in my flat.

As I stepped into the shower the hot water instantly sobered me up and I realized what I was doing, I can't let him into my life like this, I don't want to lead him on and then leave him in the dust I'm too flighty for his type and he probably doesn't like me anyway, he's probably just the flirty type, I don't want to embarrass myself in front of him.

All that left my mind the moment I walked into my room in just a towel to see a very awake and semi-sober Alex.