𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒 - 𝒹𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝓊𝓇𝒹𝑜𝒸𝓀

Just as we were about to discuss the much-anticipated topic that was my impending loss of virginity my cell rang. The sound pierced through the stale silence, I'm not sure what was going on with Alex today he just seemed different, more nervous and I can't tell if it was my fault or he was just strange.

I brushed off my fake deep thoughts and answered the phone...Mallory.

Hey, I finished shopping I know you've only just got to Alex's but Matt and I are at the Battleship if you and Alex wanna come down here and get a drink.

Drinking already Mal?

"When in Rome" I heard Matt shout from the other side of the phone.

Whatever, I think that'd be okay. Plus Alex is being a Stanley.

Ahhh I see well maybe he'll loosen up around Matt.

I'll see you soon Mal, love you

"Love you too Maude" Matt yelled through Mallorys flip phone "and don't worry about Al he hasn't shut up about you since you kissed him, he's head over heels for you Maude take care of my Al"

Matt was obviously drunk but I didn't care because the fact that Alex talked about me at all was spinning around my head like a helter-skelter.

I hung up the phone and flipped my phone back shut. As I walked back into the main room I saw a crestfallen Alex twirling the straw in his water. I found it amusing and adorable that Alex couldn't finish a glass of plain water without a straw.

"You're such a kid" I shot at him with a smile. "Then that would make you a pedo" he rolled his eyes at me. "Heyyy what's wrong, what was that for" I sighed sitting next to him at the counter. "What's a Stanley Maude" SHIT

"umm well it's a...it's a name Mallory and I have for someone who...who's acting strange like 'strange Stanley' I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that about you-"

I was interrupted by a sigh of relief "god Maude I thought you had told her about you know...me being...." he trailed off and it took me a minute to get what he was saying then it hit me, he wasn't out, he wasn't meant to tell me at all. "Oh god, no Alex I would never. I'm sorry for speaking about you like that I know how anxious and on edge it can make you, being in the closet and all, but we're all here for you"

He looked up at me with those puppy dog eyes that made my heart crumble to bits every time I looked into them. "I like you, a lot Maude and I don't want to mess things up so let's take things slow," he said with a dry throat "so that means..." "yes so that means you'll have to hold onto your virginity for a little bit longer duck" damn him, I mean it's not like I only wanted that from him, but I am twenty-one years old, men are gonna stop finding it endearing soon.

"Yeah, I agree," I said looking at my docs which I never got the chance to take off. He lifted my face by the chin and spoke softly "no you don't, don't lie to me Maude" this was not helping, I snapped myself out of his rabbit hole and slid off the counter wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Sorry, it's just I feel like if not now then when, you know?" I quietly mumbled up at him. "I understand love but you just have to be patient, I want this to be special for you" he endearingly and longingly stared into my eyes. "Thank you Alex" I whispered into his chest "shhh" he hugged me tightly and I became enveloped in the serenity that was his arms.

"So will you still go to the Battleship with a Stanley?" he giggled into my kinked hair "of course let's go" he gently kissed the top of my head and we went out the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex ordered a beer and I got my favourite..a dandelion and burdock. Could only find them in Sheffield so it was a rare occasion for me to get my favourite drink. Matt was drunk already, Mal wasn't necessarily drunk but her filter had gone a few drinks in. I sat in Alex's lap with my legs stretched out on the bench seat.

He kept burying his head in my hair when Matt would tell a childhood story of Al. Which I take to be his version of me looking at my feet. "I've got to use the restroom puppy" I looked up at him waiting for him to let me go so I could go to the loo. "Puppy...I like it" he smiled while releasing me from his oasis "well you called me 'duck' so it's only fair" I bounced up and walked towards the bathroom as Alex sat talking to a now foul-mouthed Matt.