𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒 - 𝒮𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒯𝑜 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒜𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈, 𝒢𝒾𝓇𝓁

Maude's P.O.V

I knew he was falling for me, and I was falling for him too but I cant- who am I kidding I'm not gonna turn down Alex Turner.

Alex's P.O.V

I was falling for her, but she wasn't falling back at least not as hard as I was, there was something there, in the back of her head stopping her from falling for me...or anyone for that matter. Maybe I'm a terrible human being but I was glad, glad that it wasn't me, that it wasn't because I was unattractive or that I was stupid or dull, but it was because someone hurt her and whoever it had just earned the last spot on my shit list.

Maude's P.O.V

Congrats you caught me, I have daddy issues but so does everyone else right, every girl does, no one has a good relationship with their dad....right? Well since you asked ill go ahead and tell you to flat out...he's dead not by mistake or by someone else's hand...by his own, he killed himself, and you may be saying well you can't be angry that he was in pain, you can't be upset, well who the fuck are you, I can be angry, I can be as angry as I want, sorry let me explain myself.

My sister Mona and my dad were incredibly close, well at least closer than him and me. See my dad was the type of person who knew just how to push your buttons and that's just what he did he would find your weak spot and just hit it with a baseball bat. He never picked on Mona and maybe it causes shes the firstborn or maybe that's just me searching for a reason all I know is that she was in the suicide note and the will and I...well I was nowhere to be found, I wasn't in the note, in the will, hell I didn't even 'deserve' a picture in his wallet. And that's why I have a right to be angry.

No one knew, but sitting there, trying to see through the smog covered Rotherham...I had never wanted to tell someone so bad. He looked over at me with tired puppy dog eyes as he reached into the window saying something about how even the stars find a place to hide in Rotherham and grabbing that black booklet that started this mess.

They'd gone backwards
Something in your magnetism must have pissed them off
Forcing them to get an early night
I have been searching from the bottom to the top
For such a sight as the one I caught
When I saw your fingers dimming the lights
Like you're used to being told that you're trouble
And I spent all night, stuck on a puzzle

He scribbled on the page with the pen I never got the chance to give him. I set my chin on his shoulder and he looked deep into my eyes, I let down my guard, I shouldn't have....but I did. I backed away from him and broke the silence with an "O. M. G. IS THE ALEX TURNER WRITING A SONG FOR ME?!" I exclaimed mimicking some star-struck fangirl. "Shut up you prick," he said giving me a light push. I fell back and before I knew it half of my body was hanging over the edge of the slab as my headband slipped off and fell 30 ft down. I watched it snap on the pavement taking into account that if Alex couldn't pull me up then that headband would be me.

"SHIT SHIT SHIT" Alex shrieked causing me to burst out in a fit of laughter. "Maude this is isn't funny, stop laughing you're gonna fall if you don't stop moving" but I couldn't. Alex grabbed my hand and pulled me up off the edge and straight into a hug, his slender arms wrapping around me, squeezing me until I could barely breathe. "Jesus Christ Maude" he whispered with a bit of a giggle his cigarette breath tickling my ear as he stroked my hair. I had a realisation that not only was my guard down, so was his...this is dangerous.