chapter 4: first day

*PRETEND THE COVER PICTURE IS A SCHOOL UNIFORM PLZ*
I sighed slowly drifting to sleep....
The alarm rang, signaling the time. 5:49 am. I am so not ready for this day, I thought to myself as i dragged myself out of bed. My body wobbled as i tried to gain full consciousness, once i did I walked over the window and opened it. Taking a deep breath in, "It's gonna be a fresh start, it's gonna be better." I repeated to myself before prancing out of my room and into the bathroom.

Staring at into the mirror, i studying myself. I looked like a mess, beginning to jump into the shower i checked my phone to make sure it wasn't 6:15. Thankfully it was only 5:56, i placed my phone down letting music shuffle. Singing away as i scrubbed my hair, "PEOPLE CHANGE LIKE TJE TIDES IN THE OCEAN...." The song played out as i gave my products a concert before finishing and getting out. Quickly washing my face and brushing my teeth then checking my phone, 6:09. I have to be there at 6:25. I thought to myself as i walked into my room.

  The cool breeze hit my face sending chills down my spine, quickly turning i remembered my window was open. I shrugged before dropped my towel and putting on an outfit, a pair of baggy jeans and a sage green sweater with a little white tank top. I straightened my hair before grabbing my school bag and rushing downstairs with my shoes. "Mom it's time to go!" I yelled to her not sure where she was, "I've been ready for the past 15 minutes, let's go!" she told me as she rushed to the car. I followed suit behind her.

Finishing up my makeup in the car. It was just some light concealer, mascara, eyeliner, and highlight. "You look pretty today y/n." my mom complimented as she drove, "thanks." i responded as i tied the lace of my black converse. After five minutes we arrived at my school, i checked my phone 6:32. shit seven minutes late.

  We looked around when a voice shot out, "Ahhhh you must be y/n Montgomery." I nodded while smiling even though you couldn't see through my mask. "Follow me!" she said leading my mother and I into the office, "So our school recently changed its rules to our students now having to wear uniforms." she stated while her eyes looked up and down on my outfit like a hawk. "Here you go!" she said while handing me a white button up shirt, red sweater vest, and black skirt. I nodded while grabbing it and turned to where she pointed the bathroom was.

I quickly changed into it, tucking in my white shirt then laying my sweater over it. Not gonna lie i looked kinda good. I took a deep breath before walking out to meet them again. "Ah you look fantastic dear, now you can give your mother your clothes." She said in a soft tone almost an order. I zoned out as she explained what my schedule was and yada yada, but i was brought back into reality when she said my name to me. "Y/n dear this is Aaron! He is one of our best student and he will be showing you around today, considering all of your classes are together."

  I smiled and turned to be met by Aaron, he seemed cool. He was taller than me, had brownish red hair and dressed kinda nerdy. "Hey, um we should probably get going to our first class!" He said with a small chuckle before turning to walk out of the office, i nodded before giving my hmmmm a hug and following Aaron. We began to walk in the hallway together quietly, the silence felt so loud.

   "So I am Aaron, and you're clearly y/n. So y/n tell me about yourself." he stated as we walked steadily. "Um uh well I am from California in the states, i have a brother that lives in the states still and i live with my mom, i just turned 16...." i went to continue but was cut off, "no not that stuff like actually about you, what makes you happy and shit." he said continuing walking.

  "Oh, well i love skateboarding and plants and art. I'm actually pretty smart, i can't handle my emotions well, um i don't know what else..." i said with a giggle as we kept walking, "what about yourself Aaron." i questioned. "Hm well i really like the internet and am fascinated by it, i help one of my bestfriend with his youtube account and recording videos sometimes, yeah i got nothing else either." we both laughed as at the dullness within our answers, "well here we are, science class." he said while opening the door for me, i nodded thank you before walking in with him following. Everyone turned, all of their eyes on me.

  "Ahhh you must be our new student, y/n right?" the teacher stated, "uh yeah." i sheepishly said back. "Well I am your teacher Mr.Gomez, and i'm very excited to have you as one of my new students! Now where did you come from y/n?" he asked. I gulped, "Oh un California it's in the united states." i said while staring at him trying to ignore the 21 other kids in the room. He nodded before looking to the desks and pointing, i took the hint and sat down, luckily it was next to Aaron. A bunch of kids turned to me and started asking questions about where i came from and what it was like and why i moved. I felt flustered.  "That's enough class, leave her alone." Mr. Gomez stated before beginning his class.

   *TIME SKIP*
    It was around fourth period (IDK HOW SCHOOLS THERE WORK SO IM GOING OFF AMERICAN INES IM SORRY) i made a few new friends like four girls and three boys not counting Aaron. It was a free period so I was walking to the café in the school with two girls named Scarlet and Nora and Nora's brother Joey. They were talking as we walked when i noticed Aaron out of the corner of my eye, he left me half way through third period because he needed to go do something so i had been staying with Scarlet and Nora. "Hey ill be right back." I said to the three other teens before rushing over to Aaron.

   "Y/n perfect you're here! I just saw this thing about tutoring help and considering we are half way through the semester, i was wondering if you would want to get one to catch you up! it's by the school doesn't cost a thing." He said with a smile, his mask was off now. "Why can't you just teach me why do i need a stranger too?" i questioned, i was kinda offended that he thought i would need a tutor, i am smart but he had a point they were already a month and a half ahead of me.

   "Well technically i could but my one friend really needs the credits that you get for tutoring. It would really help if you said yes, then he'd get off my back!" Aaron ended with a laugh. "Fine only because you put up with me all day!" I smiled back, he wrote down my name next to someone else's and then handed it to an advisor. "Well I'm gonna get back to the others, i'll come find you when the free period is up!" Aaron said before walking away. I turned and walked back over to the girls.

Who the heck was Aaron's friend that needed to tutor me? Why am i nervous about it, i don't want to seem dumb. It'll be fine i'll be fine! Maybe i'll make a new friend!

~~~~~~~
word count: 1361
a/n HEY BHADDIES IM BACK THANK U FOR READING SEMI CLIFFHANGER IG? BOT REALLY BC ITS OBVI TO OUT TOGETHER. BUT IF U HAVE ANY IDEAS JUST LEAVE A COMMENT!!