chapter 11: why.

Tom, matter of fact he was walking over to the two of us.......

"Y/n could i um talk to you for a second..?" he questioned quietly while scratching the back of his neck, i looked at Joey and then back to tommy. Opening my mouth to say something i was cut off, "who do you think you are man? You were a real dick to her and now wanna talk to her like nothing happened? Get lost." Joey spat out to tommy, his tone was so harsh and angry.

Looking back at tommy with a shocked face he had the same reaction, he didn't expect to be called out like this. "That's what i needed to talk about." he mumbled to joey and I, "please y/n..." he mumbled again. He looked me in the eyes they seemed genuine. I glanced to joey quickly to see what i should do, he just had an angry expression painting his face. "Um... fine... you get a minute." I told the blond as i stood up and followed him out of the room.

I closed the door to the classroom behind myself leaving tommy and i in the hallway all alone. "I'm so extremely sorry.... i shouldn't have reacted that way at all...." he started to say, i just cut him off. "Oh so is this some half assed apology that i'm supposed to accept after you were the biggest dick to me? After i walked to your house in the rain to give you back your textbook? Gee thanks tom." He just stared at me with a blank face. "No this isn't some half ass apology y/n, i wish i could've reacted different i feel horrible i'm so sorry." He pleaded.

I scoffed while looking at the boy, "you still reacted the way you did tom." i mumbled before walking back into the room, leaving the blond all by himself. Part of me felt semi bad for not accepting the apology he seemed genuine... but the other part was still hurt from the way he acted towards me. "You alright?" Joey asked as i sat down next to him, "yeah i'm fine, so what are we doing today?" i asked him quickly trying to change the topic. He went on to tell me before the teacher walked in and started to teach.

~~~~~~~time skip lol~~~~~~~

The bell rang as i walked to my third period class, it was math. The one tom had been tutoring me. Sitting in my assigned seat from the day before i placed my head on the desk and laid there, i understood barely anything and the only person that was teaching me was someone i didn't want to speak to. The second bell rang signaling class was about to start, the teacher began to speak. The teacher was some guy named Mr.Brett he seemed full of himself.

   Mr.Brett went on and on not even discussing the lesson, maybe because it was a Friday and he didn't care. Who knows with this guy. But i instantly started paying attention when i heard a familiar voice play through the projector. Glancing up from the desk my eyes landing on the screen that showed Tom talking.... What the fuck i thought as i watched. He was playing minecraft, just like he was yesterday.

  Mr. Brett was mocking tom as he focused on the blond boy who sat there uncomfortably. I never realized he was in this class, i knew we both had it just not the same period. I really should pay attention more to these things. My brain focused back on what was happening when the video stopped playing and students were laughing about at the boy and making sarcastic comments to him. Even though i wasn't a fan of him seeing them do this made me pissed off.

  Tom was a dick to me, but nobody deserves to get picked on for something they genuinely enjoyed. And by the videos he really enjoyed doing it. I watched as these two boys threw a paper ball across that hit tom right in the head, he looked down embarrassed as he opened it. I couldn't see what it read but it clearly wasn't nice by how upset the boy got. Who the hell does such a thing, i was furious. It wasn't something that involve me but it still upset me to see.

  I watched as the boys continued to pick on tom, clearly something they do a lot by how funny they thought it was. The bell rang and everyone got their things to walk out of the room, tom rushed out first trying to get to the court yard, the two boys followed behind him. I rushed after the three. Following the group of them i saw the two boys push tom into a locker and start making comments about the video. Before i could even think i was in front of the two boys.

  I stood there realizing what was going on as the two looked down at me, "Leave him alone you assholes." i shot up to them. They just laughed before looking back at tom. He looked so upset, "Oh you got yourself a little girlfriend to defend you Thomas?" the one boy teased to him. "Hey i said leave the kid alone, you fucking pricks." I yelled as i pushed the one kid away from tom. The two boys stared at me, what the fuck did i just do.

  "Think you're all big and bad miss american ?" the one boy mocked as his friend corrected himself from being shoved. "No, but i know i'm sure as hell not afraid of two highschool pricks." I spat out as i made eye contact with the boy. "Watch your back new girl." The guy said back before turning and walking away. I stood there as my body relaxed from the situation. What the hell did i just do, i thought as i leaned against the locker next to tom.

  "Y/n..." a voice mumbled, well it at least sounded mumbled at the moment. I turned to see Tom staring at me, "What did you just do...?" he questioned with worry in his voice. I took a deep breath realizing what had happened, i wasn't ashamed of what i did surprisingly. Those two guys were pricks that shouldn't be picking on tom.

  "They were making fun of you for something you enjoy, nobody stopped it. So i did i guess." I replied to tom as he stood there. "Why though.... you're supposed to be mad at me..." he asked. "Even if i was mad at you, you don't deserve that." I responded with a smile. Before i could blink tom had me in a hug.... i heard a sniffle come from the boy as i realized we were the only two in the hallway once again. "Thank you." he mumbled through small sniffles.

  Pulling away i processed the tears rolling down the boys face, "i know i'm being a wuss over this but nobody ever stops them and the teacher just lets it all happen." He let out into my shoulder. "i'm so sorry..." i spoke softly to the boy, although i was supposed to be mad at him i felt extremely upset for him, he clearly went through this a lot and nobody helped. Why do i care so much about this.... why do i care so much about how he feels....

~~,~~
word count: 1285
a/n HIII THIS TOOK A LONG TIME TO ERITE OM SORRY I WENT THROUGH A BLOCK FOR THIS BOOK!! BUT THIS IS A CHAPTER KIND OF A FILLER THAT WILL BE FORESHADOWING FOR LATER