chapter 6: the session

4pm that means i have an hour and a half till the session.....

   Considering how little time i have till i have to go back to school, there is no point in going home. I could just walk around and find somewhere to wait, there are a lot of stores and cafés around here. I put my AirPods into my ears, Save that shit by lil peep played throughout the headphones as i walked down the road. After walking for a few minutes i found a tiny café, it kinda reminded me of a Panera.  I walked in eager to find something to eat.

  "Hi welcome to Marmalade, what can i get for you!" the boy around my age asked through his mask. "Honestly i've never had anything from here do you have any recommendations?" I asked the boy, "Oh yeah definitely, so we have amazing iced coffee and i like the granola, greek yogurt and honey." He responded to me with a genuine tone clearly showing he did enjoy these things. "I'll get those please!" I told him, he gave me the price of it and i handed him the money.

  As i sat at a small table in the corner of the café i examined my math notes, well the little amount i had managed to take. Pluto Projector by Rex Orange County flowed into my ears, i really needed this tutoring i have no clue how this type of math works. Ignoring my struggles in math, i did some of my science assignments as i finished my food. By the time i was finished with my work and food, it was 3:47 pm, so i began to walk back to the school.

Tommy's Pov:
        I waited in the room assigned for the tutoring session, i began to pull out my phone to pass the time.
Aaron
Tommy shes cool don't worry
it's gonna be fine.
                               Aaron, she's not here yet she's late.
She might've gone home
before hand. It is her  first day after all
                                           Yeah i guess you're right,
                                                   gtg someone's coming. 

    I put my phone in my pocket right as the door opened, incase it was an advisor i didn't want them to see me on it. "Um is this the math tutoring session?" a soft voice asked, "Uh yeah, are you the girl Aaron met?" I questioned. The girl walked in slowly and just stood in the middle of the room as if she was realizing something. "Yeah.... i met him today..." She said slowly and cautiously.

I looked up to see her face, that was when it hit me who she was, this was the girl from the Airport. "You're the girl from the airport!" I practically shouted as i stood up from the desk, my reaction cause her to jump back slightly. She just nodded clearly that's what she noticed when she came in, she walked closer to me the stopped. "I am so sorry for how i acted, it was my fault as well and i was really rude!" she pleaded, i know the girl that stared me down and then cursed me out isn't trying to get me to sympathize with her.

   "Are you on drugs, i'm not tutoring you." I told her while grabbing my things, i stopped quickly when i felt a hand rest on my arm. Turning and looking down to be met by her eyes, they seemed like she was pleading. "Please i really need the help." she said shyly almost like she was embarrassed. "Yeah fine whatever, i'm only doing this for Aaron." I told her while sitting again, she followed suit and sat down across from me. "I'm y/n.... by the way...." she said while scooting her chair closer.

  I really didn't care for her name, i was never gonna see her again and i didn't like this girl at all. "I'm Tom." I responded to her dryly. She shut up and just looked down at the problems clearly she took the hint. I just rolled it off and began tutoring her.

Y/n's pov:
    Half way into the room i realized this was the kid from the airport. Shit shit shit shit, i thought as i stood there seeing if he'd make the connection. "You're the girl from the Airport!" he yelled at me causing me to jump back, normally i would get sassy and mad but i had to control them. I really needed the tutoring, although i could always get it from Aaron? No, maybe if i apologize this kid will help me? "I'm so sorry for how i acted, it was my fault as well and i was really rude." i pleaded to him, i really hoped he would accept it.

   "Are you on drugs, i'm not tutoring you!" he shot at me as he began to collect his things. SHIT SHIT SHIT, i really need the help. Part of me wants to be mad and go off on this prick but i couldn't. I rushed over to the tall blond boy and grabbed his arm, he stopped suddenly and stared down at me, "Please i really need the help." i begged the boy. I felt like an idiot sitting here having to plead with a stranger to teach me simple math. "Yeah fine whatever, i'm only doing this for Aaron." the blond huffed out as he sat back down.

  I was honestly surprised but i did the same and sat down, "I'm y/n..... by the way...." i told the boy in the softest tone i could manage. He just stared at me like i was some freak "I'm Tom." is all he said before turning back down and flipping through the textbooks. I took this as him not wanting to talk so i let it go and scooted over to see the problems. He began to tutor me and i really had no idea what was going on.

                             ~~~Time skip~~~

  I checked my phone and realized this kid had been tutoring me for two and a half hours now, "Um Tom... it's 6:30..." I mumbled to him. He looked up mad that i interrupted him but then he realized what time i had said, "Shit i need to go." I huffed out as he shoved all the things into his bag. Before I could even think he had already left, "goodbye to you too i guess." i mumbled as i collected my things.

I walked to the bus which drove me home considering my mom was probably in a meeting call and forgot to come get me. It was fine, i got home with 27 minutes, only because of the walking and the bus stops. Once i walked into the empty house i ran upstairs and flung myself onto the bed, "ugh today was so long" i mumbled into my pillow.

I turned over determined to finish my math work with the little understanding i now had, while pulling out my textbook i noticed it had different key spots and handwriting. That's when it clicked, I had the kid Tom's book... quickly rummaging through my bag i realized i didn't have mine. Shit he took mine when he rushed out, i thought.

~~~~
word count: 1230
a/n hi, how did you like this chapter? if you have any ideas or requests just comment them<3