oculoplania (19.)

oculoplania

(n.) letting your eyes wander in order to asses someone's 'charms'

*Ring..Ring..Ring..Ri-*

"Hello?"

"Hermosa, can you come to my office please. It's about your last assignment."

"Sure thing boss." I mock.

He laughs. "Te veo pronto Hermosa."

"See you soon!"

I hang up and put my phone in my pocket.  "SANTIAGO THOMAS HERNÁNDEZ!" 

He has mostly been working from home ever since Liliana came.

I hear a pair of shoes hastily making their way down the stairs. "Hermosa? Is everything okay? Is Lily okay? Is someone here? WHAT'S GOING ON?" 

I giggle. "Nada. Just wanted to let you know that I got a call from your dad and he said he wants me in his office so you have to take care of your own child for once." I am only teasing him. Most of the time he takes care of her of cours. Luckily there are a few housekeepers here who we trust enough with her so if neither of us is available, she can still be taken care of.

"Oh, okay. Please tell him that Lily wants to meet her grandpa. Oh, never mind, don't call him that, he'll just get more angry with me. Just uh-"

I chuckle. "I'll just tell him that you really want to talk to him. It'll be fine. Lily is sleeping in her crib. Um, I'll see you when I get back." 

"Bye!" 

I walk upstairs, grab something from my room and walk back downstairs. I grab my keys, my leather jacket and walk to the garage. Time to put this Lamborghini Aventador to good use.

~

After about 15 minutes, which could've been ten if I didn't have to take a detour because the police were chasing me, I arrived at the HQ. No one calls it that but me. I started calling it that to tease Xavier, I guess it just stuck. Xavier still tries to get me to stop, without much luck.

I walk into the building after identifying myself a couple of times and walk straight to Xavier's office.

I open the door. "Hermosa." He gestures to the unoccupied seat in front of his desk. 

"Please sit down." I sit down on the chair and look to the other one on my right. 

"Hey Jackson." 

He gives me a soft smile. "García." 

"Okay, I called you two here to discuss your assignment, Hermosa?"

"Yes, I have the file here. Overall, I think the security at your house is good." 

Jackson scoffs. "Good enough for you to break in yeah." 

I nod my head. "Yes, but I've been sneaking around for I don't know how long and the people that would possibly want to break into your house aren't seventeen year old girls. Meaning they aren't as small, light, quiet and fast as me." I look up at Jackson, who looks back at me, nodding. 

"Here is your gun back by the way." I give him a smirk while I take it out of the back of my black jeans. He laughs and takes the gun out of my hands before tucking it in the back of his pants. 

"Thanks, so there's nothing I have to improve?"

I scoff. "I never said that."

~