arcane (1.)

arcane

(adj.) secret, mysterious, understood only by a few

*Beep..Beep..Beep*

I growl at the sound of my alarm clock. Time to get up and get dressed I guess. I stretch and get up on my feet. Rubbing the sleep off of my eyes I walk to my closet to pick out an outfit. Today is the first day back to school after summer vacation. I look at my closet, not really a hard choice. I can pick either a black or dark blue hoodie, skinny jeans or baggy pants. I grab a black hoodie, a black crop top for underneath, a pair of jeans and underwear and head to the bathroom for a quick shower.

After my shower I put on my clothes and twist my waist-long hair into a messy bun. I grab my bag from my room and head downstairs. Almost tripping over an empty beer bottle. I pick it up, sighting, and put it down on the kitchen counter. I grab two apples, putting one in my backpack, one in my mouth. I put on my almost worn out black high tops and step outside.

~

At lunch I sit down at a table in the back. It is a table where I always sit and I like it here, far away from prying eyes. I usually don't eat at lunch because my dad and i don't have much money. Basically all the income we have is from my fights. I mostly just get some homework done at lunch. 

I grab my books and my headphones and text my dad instead saying there are pain killers in the cabinet above the sink for when he wakes up. 

Suddenly, all the sound dies down and everyone looks at the doors.

There they are: the bad boys of the school. Hunter Black, and his two best friends Jason Carlton and Elijah Benson. The typical bad boys: doing illegal shit, getting into fights and sleep around a lot. There is a rumor about them getting into juvie but you can't believe everything you hear. As the bad boys go sit down the sound rises again.

I finish my home work and look at my phone for the time. Gotta go to my class. I think while standing up. Sinking in thoughts, I don't look where I walk and I bump into someone. I look up and see it is Hunter. That's just fucking great. 

"What the fuck dude." I hear him say as his friends chuckle next to him. I ignore Hunter and continue my walk to history. Ugh I hate that class.

~

After history I had one class, math, and now I am walking towards my freedom. Just kidding, but school is over so it kinda feels like it. I think about my encounter with Hunter. He really is an asshole. At least he makes people think he is.

I look in front of me and see my trainer, Dylan, from the Arena. I frown, what's he doing here? I walk over to Dylan. 

"Hey old-guy, what're you doing here?" I ask as i walk closer. 

"Stormy? I didn't know your lessons ended now."

"Really? Then why are you here old-guy?" I call him old-guy and he calls me Stormy, we've known each other for a long time now. 

He chuckles. "Just wanted to talk to one of my fighters before he fights tonight." 

I put my hand on my heart and put on a hurt look on my face. "You train other people besides me." 

He laughs and starts to say something but gets cut of by someone. 

"Yo Dylan!" 

I turn around and see -

HUNTERS POV

Who was that girl that I bumped into? The question has been running around my mind for the whole day. I discovered it to be very fucking annoying. I don't think I've seen her before but now that I think of it, I think I had some classes with her today. I don't really remember, as I don't really pay attention in school, but it's whatever. 

I have a fight tonight and Dylan said he needed to talk to me beforehand. As I walk to the parking lot I spot Dylan. But he isn't alone, there she is, the girl in the hoodie.

The one that has been in my mind for way to long now. No girl has been in my mind for that long, and I don't even know her name. I start to walk towards Dylan, saying bye to the boys. 

"-then why are you here old-guy?" I hear her say. I expect Dylan to send her a glare but instead he chuckles. 

"Just wanted to talk to one of my fighters before he fights tonight." 

She goes and put her hand on her heart saying something I can't understand. He laughs, he actually laughs! I never heard him laugh! What makes this girl so special that he does laugh at her? More importantly, how do they know each other?

I shake off my thoughts and walk over to them. He goes to say something but I quicken my pace and walk over to interrupt their conversation. 

"Yo Dylan!"

AVAS POV

I turn around and see Hunter fucking Black standing there. Is he the fighter Dylan was talking about? 

"How the fuck do you know Dylan?" I ask him defensively. 

"Wow, calm down Ava, he is the fighter I was talking about." 

"Okay then. So, see you around?" I ask. 

"You bet!" he says and I turn around and leave.

I'm exhausted and it's only been the first day back.