fika (14.)

fika

(v.) drinking coffee along with eating something sweet

I'm in the detention room right now. It's just me and the boys in here. The teacher is behind his desk, sleeping, and overall not doing such a great job at keeping an eye on us.

The boys were annoying me in the beginning but eventually we started to talk and couldn't stop. They are so easy to talk to and kind of nice? I don't know how to describe it but they are sort of nice to me. Yes they make jokes about me and yes they can be very annoying but I am actually kind of enjoying their company.

"Do you think he would notice if we'd just pack our stuff and leave?" Jason asks. 

"Who?" 

"The teacher of course. Who else?" I honestly forgot about him. Oops.. 

"We better stay here. What if he wakes up and sees that we are gone?" 

"Oh Ava. Once a nerd, always a nerd am I right?"

No, more like, I have an abusive dad who will beat me to literal death if he finds out I skipped detention. But, good guess.

"Fuck off." I softly slap Elijah, who made the comment, on his shoulder. They laugh at me. We continue to have small talk for the rest of detention.

It's fun to feel like a real teenager for once.

~

"Weren't we supposed to leave like, ten minutes ago?" Hunter looks at the clock. I turn around to look at it myself. 

"Yo, teach!" Jason yells. The teacher wakes up, startled. 

"Can we go now?" After taking a look at the clock himself, he nods. We grab our bags and walk out of the room. 

"We should do this again sometime." Jason nods at Elijah. 

"I agree." 

"I don't. You mean getting a detention and having to talk to you guys again? I'll pass, thanks." 

"Awh, you know you love us. But especially me of course." Elijah winks at me. I chuckle.

As we walk outside, I can't help but feel happy. I will be without my dad for two months, I get to live with my best friends and I think I just made sure school will suck less.

"Yo, baby girl! You said I shouldn't be late?! Where were you 10 minutes ago puta?" 

"Jódete imbécil!" 

"Come here you crazy niña." I laugh and run towards Tim. He stands up straight and prepares for the impact. I crash against him at full speed and hug my bestie. 

"I missed you." I whisper to him. We separate. 

"I literally saw you yesterday babygirl." 

"I know." He brings his face closer to mine.

"So, are you going to introduce me to your three - might I add, hot - new friends?" Tim whispers in my ear. I chuckle and push him away. 

"Shut up." I turn around to the boys who followed me to Tim. 

"Boys, this is Tim. Tim, this is Elijah, Hunter and Jason." 

"Nice to meet you boys." 

"Likewise man." 

"Well, I'm sorry to cut this short but we still have to get some of Ava's stuff from her house. So I'll catch you later." 

"See ya!" 

"Bye Ava!" 

"Bye guys!" I get in Tims black Maserati Granturismo and close the door. 

"Girl tell me everything." I chuckle and start to tell him exactly that while we drive to my house.

~

After we picked up my stuff at the house, we went to a little cafe and had some coffee and a very tasty muffin. Then we went to Tim and San's house.

They live together in this beautiful mansion that is about 30 minutes away from my house, if you go by car that is. Kinda crazy how you can go from a poor neighbourhood to a very rich one in just 30 minutes by car.

"Also, dad said he wanted to speak to you 'bout some stuff." Tim says while we are walking towards the house with my bags. 

"Sure, I'll drop by their house tomorrow." he looks at me. "I think it's best if you drive to the office. He sounded serious." 

"Now?" 

"Yeah, me and San will put your stuff in your room and start making dinner." 

"Deal."

We walk through the door and drop my bags. Tim gives me a hug. "Drive safe okay? I don't want a call from the hospital or the police station." He pulls away and gives me a stern look. I roll my eyes at him. 

"Okay." 

"I'm serious Ava." 

"I know." 

"Good, now go. You know where the garage is." I grin at him. He grabs my bags while I make my way to the huge garage that is connected to their house.

Standing in the opening of the door, I look over my options. Should I take the yellow Ferrari Laferrari? No, too flashy. The white Mclaren P1? Nah.

Ooh.. I know.

Three minutes later I'm in the Audi A5 Convertible, making the streets unsafe. Yes. I know what Tim said. But I didn't promise him anything. The faster you drive, the more fun you have. And I live by that.

I arrive at the gang house in under 20 minutes when it should have taken me atleast 40 minutes. Oh well.

After I had to identify myself at the gate I park the car, lock the car doors and swing the car keys around in my hands while walking towards the big doors. I have to identify myself again as I walk in and after that I greet the guards.

Walking to Xavier's office I greet some members that I recognize. "Hey Jackson. How's the wife?" 

He chuckles. "We're good, how about you?" 

"Everything's fine, the big boss asked me to his office though so I don't know for how long that'll be." I joke. 

He laughs. "Good luck in there." 

I smile. "Thanks, I hope I don't need it though." He laughs and sticks his hand up as a goodbye.

As for me, I take a deep breath and hope I don't find a angry Xavier on the other side of this door. I don't like to be on his bad side. Although I don't think anybody likes to be on his bad side.

~.~

Hey guys, the author here!

I hope you are enjoying the story so far! I get really happy when I see the reads going up. Anyway, I'm really sorry that I haven't been updating in a while, I had the beginning of this chapter in my drafts for a long time and I just didn't had any inspiration to finish it. Also, school started again and I have to work really hard this year.

My parents are quite strict so I don't have a lot of time in between school and the sports that I do to write this story. On top of that, I have a second story and I keep telling myself that I shouldn't work on two stories at once but then I get all these ideas and I can't help myself. If you're still here, thank you for listening to my rant lol.

Hope to see you in the next chapter!

x