dormiveglia (27.)

dormiveglia

(n.) the space that stretches between sleeping and waking

Saturday came. I viewed the two houses. Both of them were in a way better state in the picture than they were in real life. It was honestly shocking.

But it is now Sunday and I have one more house left to view. I park the car in front of my (maby) new house. Let's see if this will be the one.

~

It is the one. It's a one floor house with a little attic that I can barely stand in but that's okay. It has two bedrooms, one bathroom and a shared kitchen and living room. The back of the house has a little porch that looks into the small yard. I fell in love with the little windowsill that's in the living room that has a bookcase next to it. It is a very simple house but it's not like I need more since it'll just be me living here.

Luckily for me, Xavier's men were willing to help me with the furniture and stuff. I am kinda shocked that we made it work in such little time seeing that we had to go to Ikea, get all the furniture from there to my new house and place everything in the right spot.

I look around me and sigh. I think I can get used to this place.

17 Olive Drive, Kingston. Don't forget your books

~

I hear my doorbell ring and I stand up to make my way to the door. That must be Jason.

I open the door. "Sorry I'm a little late." He gives me an apologetic smile. "I'm not too familiar with the roads around here." We walk to the living room/kitchen. 

"Really? You drive to school everyday right?"

"Yeah but I live in Greenport. So I only know the way to and from school that my mom showed me in freshman year." He softly chuckles.

I clear my throat. "You want something to drink?" 

He nods his head. "Do you have coke?" 

I nod at him and open my very empty fridge to take out the lonely bottle of coke. I grab two glasses from a cabinet and fill them, placing one in front of Jason. I put the coke bottle back into the fridge.

"They leave it to you to do the groceries huh? I wish I didn't know what that felt like." He takes a sip of his drink. 

"Who?" I look at him, hiding my confusion behind my always-there emotionless face.

"Your parents?" He looks at me. 

"Oh, yeah. So annoying." I roll my eyes trying to show my 'annoyance'. I hope that didn't sound too sarcastic.

"So, chemistry." I say to fill the silence. He nods and takes his books out of his backpack.

~

Jason groans. "I hate chemistry, like, hate-hate it." Somewhere along doing his homework we ended up on my couch. He has his legs over the backrest, hanging upside down. I am leaning against the armrest with my head, my knees bent and a book resting against my upper legs.

"Lucky for you, that was the last question and you answered it right." I close the book and put my hands next to me on the couch to push myself up so the armrest is now against my lower back.

He stretches his arms above his head and yawns. "Fuck yeah!" I internally giggle at his response and look at the lockscreen of my phone. 5:37 pm. Already?

"Hey Jason. I have somewhere to be at six so.." I look at him. 

He nods his head. "I get it. You can just say you want to kick me out A. No need to make up appointments." He says while standing up and fake glaring at me. I roll my eyes and follow his lead.

"Thank you so much for helping me. I really don't think I could've done it without your help." He runs his hand through his hair while giving me a half smile. 

"No worries. I'm glad I could help." He gives me a nod before walking out the door. I stand in the doorway and watch him walk to his car.

He waves at me one more time before getting in his car and driving away. I walk back into my house and close the door behind me. Time to make my way to Tim and San's house. Since I don't have any food in my new house I'm going to eat dinner there and do groceries tomorrow after school.

~

I struggle to keep my eyes open, partly because this teacher talks like a robot and partly because I didn't sleep at all last night. Well, maybe like two minutes but that's it.

I rest my head on my hand and feel my eyes slowly close. What if I just-

HUNTERS POV

I see Ava resting her head on her hand and slowly close her eyes. Her head falls forward and she lifts her head with a jolt. She must've slept bad last night. If she even slept at all.

I'm not the only one that notices Ava almost falling asleep. I see the teacher making her way towards her. Shit. She will send Ava to detention.

"Mrs. Wright! I have a question about the assignment." The diversion works and she changes her direction to my table. 

"What can I help you with Mr. Black?" 

"I don't understand the wording of this question." I point to a question without really looking at it.

"You don't understand the wording of 'Who was the first president of the USA?'" She looks at me over the top of her glasses with her eyebrows raised. 

"...I don't." Why did I point to that question again?

Mrs. Wright sighs. "Just do the assignment Mr. Black." And after that she walks away, completely forgetting about Ava falling asleep.