basorexia (30.)

basorexia

(n.) the overwhelming desire to kiss

Mr Summers pulls me aside just before the lesson begins. I can feel the Hunter's eyes on my back. "Ms García. I figured out what you can do instead of the assignment I spoke about with the class."

I almost forgot about that.

"Your assignment is to write an essay about human behavior. That's kind of a big subject so you can make it smaller by, for example, writing about the kinds of relationships people have or what makes a serial killer a serial killer. That sort of thing. Just go with anything as long as it has some sort of link with human behavior."

I nod. I can work with that. "Thanks again for the trouble."

"Oh, no worries Ava. I look forward to reading it." He gives me a smile and I walk back to my seat.

~

It's lunch time and we're all sitting at the table. Me, the three boys and Reagan. I notice that Hunter is picking on the scabs on his knuckles. He does that when he's thinking. I wonder what he's thinking about though.

His skin is a little scrunched up in between his eyebrows and his bright green eyes are staring into space.

"Hunter, what's up with you man?" Jason calls for Hunter's attention and I snap out of my trance, just like him.

"Oh, nothing. Just some math assignment." Hunter rubs the back of his neck, that was obviously a lie. I'm not sure Jason noticed though.

"You should ask Ava for help. She's really good at explaining things." Jason nods his head in my direction when he mentions my name.

"Maybe I will." Hunter's voice sounds like he's deep in thought again and I divert my attention to Elijah's flirting towards Rea. I don't know how he keeps coming up with new pick up lines. Maybe he just searches the internet every day after school and memorises them. I internally giggle.

"If you were a vegetable you would be a cute-cumber." Elijah looks at Reagan while she laughs and his whole face lights up. I don't know how Rea doesn't notice his feelings for her.

"You and I are like nachos with jalapeños. I am super cheesy, you are super hot and we belong together." At this one the boys laugh too and Reagan actually lets out a snort. I fight the smile blooming at my lips.

Hunter looks at me and taps his finger on his forehead a few times with a grin on his face. I frantically nod and he laughs. He has a nice laugh.

HUNTERS POV

How Elijah keeps coming up with these is a big mystery. I wouldn't be surprised if he scours the internet for them.

I turn to Ava and tap my index finger to my forehead. She frantically nods and I laugh. She smiles a little before quickly covering it up. Why did she do that?

"I have to go." I watch as Ava stands up, grabs her bag and walks out of the cafeteria. What was that all about?

"I'll be right back." I swing my bag over my shoulder and quickly walk after Ava. She's walking really fast and I have to try my hardest to keep up with her. "Ava!" She stops walking and turns around.

"You have to go away Hunter." I take a few steps closer to her. Due to lunch, the hallways are still empty.

"Why?" She shakes her head and then looks at the floor.

"You just have to. I don't- I-I can't-"

I take another few steps towards her and reach for her chin. I lift it up so she can look me in my eyes. "You can't what?" I softly ask her.

"I can't-" She falls silent for a couple seconds, still looking me in the eyes. "I have to keep my distance from you guys. It's for the best."

I shake my head and take a little step closer, we're almost pressed against each other at this point. "What if I don't believe that that's best?"

We're still looking into each other's eyes and she hasn't pulled away yet. My eyes flicker to her lips and then back up to her eyes. Why hasn't she pulled away yet? Her eyes follow my tongue as I wet my lips and then quickly flicker back to my eyes. Does she feel-

The school bell rings, signalling the end of lunch. It's like we snap out of our trance as the hall starts to fill itself with students. She pulls her chin out of my hand. "I have to get to class."

Ava turns around and walks away. I follow her small body with my eyes as she manouvers herself past the hurrying students.

OMNISCIENT POV

He drops the file into the desk in front of him and grins. If only they knew what was in store for them. He lets out an evil chuckle.

A knock on the door. His face changes into an ice-cold one. "Come in."

The door slowly opens and the loud sounds of the world outside echoes through his office. He nods. "Come in and close the door kid." The guy nods and closes the door behind him.

"I'm only one and a half years younger than you. Why are you calling me kid?" He gruffs and gestures to a chair. The guy sits down and places his bag next to him.

"I don't have to explain anything to you, kid." The guy quickly nods and almost shivers from his cold tone.

"So, what have you got for me?" The guy turns to his bag and opens it before taking out another file. He hands it to him. He looks through the file and nods.

"Good job kid." He opens a drawer in his desk and takes out a wad of cash.

"Choose wisely what you do with it." The guy nods and puts the cash in his bag before closing it and standing up. "And hey, I expect no mistakes."

The guy nods and walks out of the door and closes it behind him again.

He turns back and forth in his desk chair. They really have no idea what's coming for them.

His evil laugh echoes around the room and the guy that just came out of his office shivers. If the guy wasn't so scared of him he'd never-