kef (29.)

kef

(n.) drowsy contentment

After he found out about me having a dishwasher, he put all the dishes in there and came to the living room to watch a movie with me.

The movie started a while ago but I'm not really focusing on it. For some reason, Hunter's hurt expression has been haunting my thoughts since I came back from school that day.

I shake my head to get rid of my thoughts. Annoying little pests those are. I look at Damon. He seems to really be engrossed in the movie, which is kinda funny 'cause he picked a romcom.

I'm not someone that shows their emotions or affection a lot, if at all. But I love Tim and San so much for being there for me. I love Dylan and Xavier so much for being my dad when my own father couldn't. I love that Hunter, Elijah, Jason and Reagan can make me feel like a real teenager when I'm with them.

And I love Damon for helping me when I didn't even know I needed it. Okay maybe deep down I knew but I'd never admit it. He helped me get comfortable in my own body again after the whole kidnapping fiasco.

He helped me realize how powerful my body is, that it can go through all of that abuse and can still be functioning properly. He helped me realise that no, you don't need people to rely on, I'm strong enough on my own. But it's damn lonely without them.

~

After the first movie he asked me for some pyjamas. I'm searching in my closet for said pyjamas. Why did he expect me to have male pyjamas though? I mean, he probably expected Tim to leave some here but this was only my second day here.

Ah, I found some basketball shorts I stole from Tim once. Or were these Damon's? Anyway, doesn't matter. I walk back to the living room and throw the basketball shorts at his head. Bullseye! Damon lets out a very high pitched scream.

"You scared the living shit out of me. Jesus." I look at the tv screen and see that the horror movie we've been watching is still playing. He has one hand on his chest and his breathing is fast paced.

I ruffle his hair. "I'm making some popcorn. Sweet or salty?" His glare changes in a mischievous grin.

"Make it salty, like you." I playfully roll my eyes and walk to the kitchen. 

"Salty it is then." I mumble under my breath with a small smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.

~

"Goodnight Cabrón." I snuggle a little closer to his chest and let out a big yawn.

"Goodnight Chiquita." He softly kisses the crown of my head.

~

"C'mon you little oaf. Shove those pancakes in your mouth and let's go."

"What's the hurry? I'm the one that's got somewhere to be, not you."

"Exactly. Why aren't you rushing?"

"Swut uph." I say with my mouth full while standing up and grabbing my bag. I swallow. "Now we can go."

After a short ride to school, Damon stops the car and turns to me. "Now, don't start any trouble. And, no boyfriends."

I roll my eyes and unfasten my seatbelt. "Like anyone could ever like me like that."

He sighs, puts his hand on the back of my hand and pushes my head closer to his.

"You're not that hard to like Chiquita." He smiles at me and kisses my forehead.

I roll my eyes, pretending not to find his cheesiness sweet. "Bye now."

I open the car door and close it behind me once I'm out of the car.

He honks a few times before driving away. I wave and turn around. I wish I could just spend the whole day under a blanket while watching movies with Damon.

I pull the sleeves of my -or Damon's but it's not like he's getting it back- sweater over my knuckles. I went a little overboard with practice Saturday. The fight on Sunday didn't help at all, the guy was hard as a brick. They're bandaged but still open and a little sore. Nothing I haven't dealt with before though. [outfit up top]

I start walking to the front doors of the school. Let's get this day over with.

HUNTERS POV

I look at Ava once again. No, I don't mean once again. I'm not some creep that has been staring at her all day or something.

Yes you are.

Shut up. Why does she keep pulling the sleeves of her hoodie over her hands? It looks kinda cute but isn't it uncomfortable?

She rests her head on her hand while listening to the teacher.

Something you should be doing too.

Her hoodie sleeve rides up a little and I see a little bit of white fabric. She's wearing another shirt under her hoodie? No, that's- wait. Are those bandages? I thought she said her 'family issues' were solved.

I pick on the scabs on my knuckles from training/fighting too hard. I should stop doing that, it'll only leave scars.

"Mr Black! Are you paying attention to what I'm saying or do you have something better to do?" I quickly look at the teacher. I do have something better to do actually.

"Of course not. Please, do go on with your lesson." Some people chuckle at my obvious sarcasm. The teacher however, chooses to ignore it and continues her lesson.