accismus (31.)

accismus

(n.) feiging disinterest in something while actually desiring it

I almost smiled.

I almost smiled at Hunter.

What is going on with me? I can't do this to them, to him. They're so nice and I'll just ruin their whole lives. Wyatt is still out there.

I don't know how he's doing it but not even Velez can track him down. I know he has a house in Greenport but it's been looking pretty vacant since Xavier placed some of his men around to keep watch.

The guy is smart, I'll give him that.

I have another fight tonight. I'm thinking about just losing the mask. It's uncomfortable and I wore it to hide myself.

I'm so done with hiding.

That's all I've ever done.

Hiding from my father, hiding the bruises.

I'm just so, done.

I slide down the door of my bedroom that I just closed and bang the back of my head against it a couple of times before burying my face in my hands.

I feel like I'm going mad.

~

"And here she is, ladies, gentlemen and everything in between! The bold, the beautiful, THE UNDEFEATED ... STORM!" Bruce announces me and the crowd goes wild.

I step into the ring, Tim holds the rope up for me before stepping in right behind me. The hood of my hoodie casts my face into the shadows. My opponent is standing in the opposite corner, smirking, thinking to himself what an easy win It'll be.

I'll show him an easy win.

I straighten my back a little bit and Tim immediately understands me. He raises his hands and slowly removes my hood. I zip it open and Tim further removes the hoodie till I'm not wearing it anymore.

The crowd falls silent for a second before making even more noise than before. I smirk my evil smirk and my opponent gulps.

Yes, this'll be an easy win.

HUNTERS POV

"Dude, dude. I heard that Storm is fighting tonight. We have to go man." Jason looks at us with an excited look.

Elijah shrugs, "I got nothing better to do." He nudges me. "What about you Hunt?"

I nod. "Yeah, I'll come."

~

Jason, Elijah and I walk into the Arena and my eyes widen in shock. There are a lot of people here. We're just in time to hear the referee announce Storm.

"And here she is, ladies, gentlemen and everything in between! The bold, the beautiful, THE UNDEFEATED ... STORM!"

A guy holds the ropes apart and she steps through the opening and into the ring, smooth as ever. We decided to stand against one of the walls of the Arena just behind her opponent so we can get a good look at her. The guy steps into the ring after her and stands behind her. The crowd is going wild.

"Who is that guy?" I ask out loud. "He looks familiar."

"Isn't that Ava's boyfriend? Tim was his name right?" Elijah teases me.