agowilt (37.)

agowilt

(n.) unnecessary fear

"Don't call me fucking Doll you little sh-"

"I'll call you whatever I like, Doll. And why wouldn't I? You are my Doll after all."

I give Hunter a pleading look only to find out he's much closer than before.

I feel his index finger under my chin and he moves it upwards so I'm now looking into his eyes. I fight the urge to spit him in his face.

"Pity you're already someone's doll, you've got a pretty face."

I pull my face out of his hand with a jerk. I can't believe that motherfucker.

I hear Wyatt come out of his corner and walk towards the door. "Let's go Hunt. Someone's got a little surprise for my Doll."

Hunter obeys without a single protest. They walk out of the door after turning the lights off and I let out a sigh when the door closes behind them.

I'm alone for a little while listening to the voices of two men outside of my room.

The door opens once again and I squint at the light. I hear the door close again and look up. I am completely blinded by the lack of light and I just hear heavy footsteps making their way towards me.

"Who's there?"

The footsteps continue until the person's right in front of me.

"Already forget about me Doll?" His vodka-smelling breath hits my face and my breath hitches.

"Get the fuck away from me!"

His rough hand touches my face and glides to the back of my neck.

"Get your filthy hands of off me you fucking pig!"

He harshly grips the back of my neck and pulls me towards him. I can almost taste the vodka he consumed before coming here.

"Don't touch me!"

"Ava." He taunts me.

"Stop touching me!"

"Ava."

He never calls me Ava.

I struggle against the chains although I know from experience that it won't do anything but cause me pain. "Let go of me you bastard!"

"Ava!"

"No! Let go of me!"

"AVA!"

"Go away!"

"AVA! WAKE UP!"

I sit up and almost bump my head into the person that's bending over me.

"Ava, are you okay?"

I look around me. The hotel room is lit in the light of the nightlight on the nightstand next to me and there is fog coming out of the bathroom.

I'm shaking like crazy and there are labored breaths coming out of my mouth.

"You're okay, it was just a dream."

I wrap my arms around my knees which I've pulled up to my chest.

"Ava, you're okay."

My eyes are rapidly looking around the room, as if I still can't fathom the fact that I'm here and not there - which I can't -.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and my body immediately goes rigid with fear. The hand disappears.

"Ava, it's just me. You're at the hotel remember?"

"Y-yeah."

"Can you tell me five things you see?"

"W- what?" I tuck my hand between my upper leg and my calf to try and stop the shaking.

"Please just do it."

"Al- alright. Um, I- I see the fog in the bathroom, t- the wooden floors, our bags in the c- closet, the bathroom door and the chair next to the door."

"Good job. Now can you tell me four things you can feel?"

"Y- yes, um. I can feel my legs a- and the blanket. I f- feel a little breeze coming from the open window and I feel t- the mattress."

"You're doing so good. Can you tell me three things you hear?"

I nod. "I can h- hear your breaths and floorboards creaking in the room next to us a- and I can hear a bird from outside."

"Great. What are two things you can smell?"

"I can s- smell your cologne and the clean sheets."

"Good job, now, the last one. Can you tell me one thing you can taste?"

"Your cologne, you put on way too much. Did you empty the whole bottle in one go?"

He chuckles and I notice that my hands stopped shaking and my breaths are back to normal. How did he-

"I used to get panic attacks a lot when I was younger, this was how my mother always helped me. Luckily I outgrew them."

I nod in understanding. "Thanks." I slightly turn towards him and give him a weak smile. "Also for not asking about it."

HUNTERS POV

"You're very welcome. As for the asking part, a wise girl once told me to keep my nose out of her business." I say with a smirk.

She shoves my shoulder. "Har, har. But seriously," she looks into my eyes "thank you."

It feels like the world pauzes and I look back into her deep blue eyes.

I've never heard that much sincerity in just two words.