Chapter 8

"Y/N!" Kuroo found you sitting on a stool in an alley. He took off his suit jacket and placed it around you, kneeling in front of you. "It's over. The cops will get him." You shook your head.

"They won't do anything, he knows people."

"So do I," Kuroo replied unbothered. "I promise the people I know are more important."

"Are you sure?"

"Would I be so confident if I wasn't?" he stood up, giving you a kiss on the forehead. "It's cold out. Let's go," he smiled. You got up and followed him to the car.

"Kuroo?" you asked as you put your seatbelt on.

"Hmm?"

"Do you think it'd be okay if I stayed a little longer?" you asked hesitantly. He was already doing so much for you and it felt rude to invite yourself over again.

"I wasn't gonna let you leave my place until the guy was arrested anyway," he said. "But I have to make a stop on the way back for something." You told him it was okay. Half an hour later you reached an empty children's park.

"Why are we here?" you asked, getting out of the car. Kuroo left his hand out for you to grab.

"To swing of course. I don't care how old you are the swings never get old. Let's celebrate!"

"Are you drunk?"

"No," he scoffed. "I have precious cargo in the passenger seat. You probably are though."

A few minutes after getting on the swings you got off and sat on the black partition separating the mulch from the grass. Kuroo sat down next to you as you laid your head in the crook of his neck. Somewhere along the way you let a tear out, which turned into quiet sobs.

Kuroo pulled away, wiping the tears from your face. "What's wrong?" he asked urgently. He'd never seen you cry before.

"You know, I think I might just like you," you muttered, wrapping your arms around him in a hug. His eyes went wide as he did the same.

"Why are you crying?" he whispered. "Is it that bad to admit?"

"No," you pulled away to see his face. "The thing is I know nothing about you. The day I talked to Oikawa he didn't do anything to me. He just told me about you. Your sister, your dog, your nieces and nephews. It scared me. I can't do this with you if I know nothing about you. It's only been a few weeks," you fiddled with your hands as he grabbed them.

"What are you saying?"

"I just, I need a little more time." Kuroo was silent for a while.

"I'll wait for you then," he said. "I have to win you over after all, remember?" You felt bad after all he'd done for you but you were only telling the truth.

"I'm sorry. I wouldn't leave you hanging if I didn't feel anything though," you got up, taking his hand. You ran your fingers through his hair and leaned in, brushing your lips against his. "To show I mean it," you whispered, pressing your lips against his. When he kissed you back it was long and slow, like he never wanted the moment to end. You, too, had to force yourself to pull away.

"I'm convinced," he smirked. "But I'll warn you, I can be a little impatient."

"I think I already know that," you yawned.

"Home?" he asked, noticing how tired you were. You nodded, taking his hand in yours.

You once again fell asleep by the time Kuroo reached his place. He carried you in through the door, only to be interrupted by noises of children arguing.

"Uncle!" two young boys yelled. "Who's that?"

"Shhh. She's a princess and she's sleeping. Give uncle five minutes." The two boys nodded, running back to a woman sitting on the island barstool.

"Mommy look at the princess!" they told her. She laughed as Kuroo carried you upstairs. He saw his other two nieces sleeping in the room you were staying in so he carried you to his room and laid you down on his bed. He pulled the covers over you and headed downstairs, closing the door behind him.

"Kira," he entered the kitchen and poured a glass of wine. "You didn't tell me you were bringing these headaches," he picked up one of the boys, showing him the glass. "Want some?" he asked.

"Kuroo!"

"Hey! I'm joking," he huffed. "Anyways all 4 of the them are here?" Kira nodded. "Where's your husband?"

"Overseas this week. The kids daycare place is also closed until the New Year so I need your help taking care of these brats. What can I say? They love their uncle," she smiled.

"You're welcome anytime," he told his older sister. "I have the weekend off but have work on Monday and Tuesday, you're on your own then."

"Beats the whole week," she sighed. "Hey boys? You can go play in the game room. Mommy and Uncle need to talk about boring adult stuff." They did as she said leaving the kitchen for Kuroo and his sister.

"So the princess, is that the girl you were talking about?"